Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4104 posts

Re: Bad News for Multi PS3 and PSP owners

Nov 4, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

im also curious as to how it will work - because stuff you owned b4 will be available on 5 systems while the stuff after the 15th will only be available on 2 - will they have 2 diffrent things for the ps3?

no, nothing you or i do will change, it's just that the content will be coded a little differently. instead of allowing 5 installs, it'll only allow 2, after the 15th of course.

i've never reached the limit of 5, even with 3 ps3s in my house, so i'm not sure what happened when someone tried to do the 6th one. but i imagine that whatever the message says when you tried the 6th, will be the same message that pops up when someone tries the 3rd install. hope that made sense, lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (14 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
403 posts

Nov 4, 2011

So…If I have 4 kids w psp’s and I want a game we can all play, I must have at least 2 (possibly 3!) Playstations and two (..*cough 3!) seperate accounts, buy the game at least twice, maybe a third in order for us all (5) to play? Granted it will make network usage look better, but it doesn’t sound very family friendly (have u seen the news, americans r not made of money anymore). I really think u will lose big on micro-transactions this way. It basically sounds like waiting for tablet support on Steam will b better than getting any Vita’s.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5015 posts

Nov 4, 2011

chaos_789 wrote:

It doesn't effect me personally, but I think the website to allow you to deactive system from PC is a great idea, since I had one PS3 YLOD, plus I have one actiavted PSP which I no longer own. However I really don't see why so many people a complaining, since you can manage it by deactiving one system, then activating another, it would only take a min to do so, and it can be easily deactived through PC whenever they add it up, which they said soon.

but either way, the change is happening in a few weeks, so people would have to live with it, and eventually get used to it because it was sony's decision to do this, possible to manage GS, which is what people are saying, so it seems like it will be here to stay, but the change only effected downloaded games, so everything else will still work the same.

i see your point chaos if your the only one playing, ME my ps3 is usually on at least 12 hours a day (im a familly of 6) --i know i need to get a life . plus my wife and oldest son's ps3 is on another 8 - usually around 5 every afternoon both systems are going and we are playing. Well come xmas decided to get my son his own - which means with 4 kids alot of times all 3 systems will be going - so its not really that easy to deactivate one. and to be honest when it came to choosing the second and soon to be 3rd system - alot was decided on the ability to share. my son did want an xbox - which is what most his friends have. but i didnt see a reason to buy games for two diffrent systems. And im not even mentioning the fact that all my kids have there own psps - i do not have 1 myself yet - BUT figured if the graphics and games are better on the vita i might finally break down and get 1 for myself.

So i guess i am glad that the old games i bought will still be able to play across all the systems, but with the news of no more shareing - sony has lost the sale of 1 system, plus games. now all the kid games i buy will be strictly for the xbox. hopefully that wil keep the kids off my ps3. - i guess my son will get an xbox and i wont get a vita --- which is probaly best anyway - can spend the money on new games.

So what happens now if i do like the xbox better? maybe it does wow me. i easily spend over 1500 a year on the ps3 between games and peripherals - not even includeing blu-rays.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5915 posts

Nov 5, 2011

ya, I see your point, this does only effect DLC stuff, they are not usually that expensive, I see with such a big family it can add up though, especially with multiple purchases. However about Xbox, they do charge monthly fees to use online, plus the cost of what you buy, so it would probly be cheaper to buy DLC on PSN since PSN doesn't charge for online. Not sure how much DLC you normally buy though. and I certainly see what you mean, how it can be a inconvenience to the people in situations like yourself.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5015 posts

Nov 5, 2011

actually the price of online is not signifacant to me - i do not allow my kids (7,5,4,1 month) to play online  - unless we are playing together. so if they have an xbox they wont have online anyway - even if it was free

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (14 Views)
0 Likes