Nov 04 2011
By: NekoNiv Monster Hunter 33 posts

Bad News for Multi PS3 and PSP owners

14 replies 26 views Edited Nov 4, 2011

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-p...

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-p...

We’d like to inform you of some upcoming changes to the usage policies for PlayStation Network game content.  As of November 18, 2011, the number of devices that can be activated on one PlayStation Network account for game content purchased from the PlayStation Store will be updated.

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

• PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
  • PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.

Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18.  The PSP rights include PSP-1000/2000/3000 series as well as the PSPgo system.

PlayStation Network users are able to change the activation setting through each device, and Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide a new PlayStation Network account management website where users will be able to deactivate particular devices attached to their PlayStation Network account via their PC.

> via blog.eu.playstation.com *1st<

I OWN 3 PS3s................  DAMN
>via NekoNiv<

*edit
it's been offically been posted on the NA Blog as well

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27669 posts

Re: Bad News for Multi PS3 and PSP owners

Nov 4, 2011

NekoNiv wrote:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/11/04/upcoming-change-to-playstation-3-and-psp-game-content-on-p...

We’d like to inform you of some upcoming changes to the usage policies for PlayStation Network game content.  As of November 18, 2011, the number of devices that can be activated on one PlayStation Network account for game content purchased from the PlayStation Store will be updated.

For game content purchased after November 18, 2011, a new policy will apply and the number of devices that can be activated will be as follows:

• PS3: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PS3 systems.
  • PSP: Users will be able to play the game on up to 2 activated PSP systems.

Please note that this update will not affect game content purchased before November 18.  The PSP rights include PSP-1000/2000/3000 series as well as the PSPgo system.

PlayStation Network users are able to change the activation setting through each device, and Sony Computer Entertainment plans to provide a new PlayStation Network account management website where users will be able to deactivate particular devices attached to their PlayStation Network account via their PC.

> via blog.eu.playstation.com<

I OWN 3 PS3s................  ****
>via NekoNiv<

I think the part I have highlighted is a good idea, also it applies to purchase after 18th November 2011, so any purchases before that date will be fine.

P.S. This came from the EU Blog, I can only assume the exact same will apply for US/NA region where you've posted this.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4989 posts

Nov 4, 2011

yeah dont like this a bit - i currently have 2 ps3's about to get a 3rd for xmas - this may change that

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Not a big fan of this, though it doesn't effect me personally. Hopefully their new website works well and works fast.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Nov 4, 2011

This effects me, cause i have 3 PS3s (well really 4 if you count the YLoD one) and i have 3 IDs(US, Hong Kong, and UK) which i buy games on. My US ID alone has 4000 Downloads (mostly Rock Band).

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4791 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Wow this is really stupid, i have 3 ps3's in total and share content constantly. I don't know how this is going to work out.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4989 posts

Nov 4, 2011

im also curious as to how it will work - because stuff you owned b4 will be available on 5 systems while the stuff after the 15th will only be available on 2 - will they have 2 diffrent things for the ps3?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
5589 posts

Nov 4, 2011

It doesn't effect me personally, but I think the website to allow you to deactive system from PC is a great idea, since I had one PS3 YLOD, plus I have one actiavted PSP which I no longer own. However I really don't see why so many people a complaining, since you can manage it by deactiving one system, then activating another, it would only take a min to do so, and it can be easily deactived through PC whenever they add it up, which they said soon.

but either way, the change is happening in a few weeks, so people would have to live with it, and eventually get used to it because it was sony's decision to do this, possible to manage GS, which is what people are saying, so it seems like it will be here to stay, but the change only effected downloaded games, so everything else will still work the same.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Nov 4, 2011

jpbslayer wrote:

im also curious as to how it will work - because stuff you owned b4 will be available on 5 systems while the stuff after the 15th will only be available on 2 - will they have 2 diffrent things for the ps3?

From the blog:

+ Karen Spearrin on November 4th, 2011 at 10:28 am said:

The content you purchased before November 18th will not be affected, so you will still be able to play those games on your PS3s as you do today. After November 18th, the first two devices you use with the new purchased content will be your active devices, and each new piece of game content you purchase will work on those two systems. If you want to change those systems, you can do so via “account management” on each device.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3797 posts

Nov 4, 2011

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Wow this is really stupid, i have 3 ps3's in total and share content constantly. I don't know how this is going to work out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Free userbars
p

honestly, and i'm not trying to be an a$$ here, but it will work out just how sony wants it to. i have 3 ps3s as well, but only 1 of them gets gamed on, another vary rarely gets gamed on, and the 3rd one, my 60, is only used for blu-rays. we are in the minority of ps3 owners out there. the majority only has 1, maybe 2 ps3s. the money that sony loses due to game-sharing far outweighs the small percentage of ps3 owners that will be upset over this.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (26 Views)
0 Likes