Lombax Warrior
158 posts

Re: Bad Company 2 Connection Problem

Mar 25, 2010

BFBC2 will cause my router to turn of UPnP every once in a while. I generally happens on nights I've join multiple squads before entering a game. Something messes up when joining a game and the UPnP requests cause the overflow buffer to shut it off. As soon as this happens I start getting "Failed to Find Game" and other errors. I usually look at the Network Status in the XMB options and sure enough it will show UPnP as "Unavailable". A quick reboot of my router and PS3 will solve it until next time.

I check my router log and it only happens when the EA servers have some kind of "Internal Timeout Error". I think it's related to switching from P2P Voice Chat in the squad lobby to the Server hosted V/C that is used ingame.

I Like Cheese!

Message 11 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 29, 2010

wil somone please help me

any time i try to play online it says cannot connect to ea server

check your connection

PLEASE HELP ME

Tipp87

Message 12 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 3, 2010

Yeah I'm still having the same problem.  When I have a direct wired connection I can connect to games 100% of the time.  But when I use my router at home I get the "connection to server lost" error 99.9% of the time.  I have no clue what else to do because I don't want to get a new router to replace a perfectly good router just because EA is terrible at their job.

Message 13 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 12, 2010

Well I am going to talk to a lawyer about a class action lawsuit against PSN for claiming free internet gaming. But the reality of it all is that you cant play with the lag. It is false advertisement. What a load, love the Blue Ray player, and all the non online games, but i got this system to play online. Not to be skipping..... Hit me up if you want to join the class action lawsuit.

Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest
Message 14 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 13, 2010

I occasionally gets kicked out of games or can't connect. But BC2 is a farce. We got 2 PS3's and 2 BC2 copies as well as 2 extra VIP packages. And we can't play BC2 at the same time, since the last update GRRR......

Message 15 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 10, 2010
thanks for all the info
Message 16 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2011

No problems with connecting to a server, and play for like 5 minutes. But then i sudden get thrown off and the message "

Connection to the game server has been lost. Please check your network connection and try again" appears. It is so freakin' annoying. I contacted ea and got some programe sent by them, UOTrace or something, which monitors and tests your connection, and collects the data so ea can give you some advice based on that.....

They just told me that there is nothing wrong with their product and that it must be my router not functioning or my internet provider....

Iv'e had no problems gaming online, no matter what game.

Alle my ports are set to be open, and i can't imagine it to be something like that since i get 5 mins of playing every single time ?....

Any advice would be well appricieted. thnx

Message 17 of 17 (92 Views)
0 Likes