Apr 17 2012
By: killzorattack First Son 3 posts

Bad 80029020

2 replies 49 views Edited Apr 17, 2012

Ok before I start with this, I really have tried to fix itmyself by googling etc. but I just don't understand the advanced internet settings stuff like DNS DMZ etc...

I'm getting the dreaded 80029020 error when I test my internet conection on my PS3 (slim 60gb type).

Last week my PS3 was working fine, downloaded large demo's, patches etc.

Now the Upload / Download connection speed always fails or comes back with like 100kbs speed, and I can't get into the PS Store porperly.

* Everything else on the Internet Connection test comes back fine: IP add (y), Int Conn (y), PSN (y), UPnP (y), NAT Type (2), Dwn Load (failed) Upload (failed)

My laptop and desktops still work fine and nothing has been changed.

* I have done a complete power cycle on all connections several times

* I have done a settings reset on the PS3 (this initially worked but then I tried to get into PS Store and it failed again)

* I have tried disabling Media Server Connections

* Internet on the pS3 will load but s l o w l y

* I have connected my laptop to my router (the standard router you get with Sky Broadband) and it does not appear to be restricting specific MAC addresses (I don't really know what I'm looking for aside from this though)

* I can't conect the PS3 straight to my router / hardwire due to distances / lengths

I really don't know waht to do! If someone could explain this DMZ / DNS stuff I might be able to try that? Otherwise I have no idea what has gone wrong.

Message 1 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Re: Bad 80029020

Apr 25, 2012

Ok I have now managed to put my PS3 in a DMZ with my router... and this still hasn't helped.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Message 2 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Re: Bad 80029020

Apr 25, 2012

maybe just a serious memory leak in the router and you need to try a hard reset..most have this where you push a button with a small pin or something..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 3 of 3 (49 Views)
0 Likes