May 17 2013
By: RockSchneider First Son 5 posts

BIONIC COMMANDO

4 replies 1749 views Edited May 17, 2013

I got me a PS3 some months ago, and I remember seeing in the past years a remake of the NES Bionic Commando game, I was very excited about it and I quickly went to look for it.

In the store I can only find:
Bionic Commando Rearmed (which is the remake if Im correct) DEMO! not the game, I really want to play this game, but now wth?

Instead I find Bionic Commando Rearmed 2!, which is ok, but I want to play the original game remastered... come on wth, what do I have to do now in order for me to play that game?

My PC sucks and can't handle games, just in-case I get the usual "get it for PC" if there is even a pc version.

Message 1 of 5 (1,749 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29409 posts

Re: BIONIC COMMANDO

May 17, 2013

RockSchneider wrote:

I got me a PS3 some months ago, and I remember seeing in the past years a remake of the NES Bionic Commando game, I was very excited about it and I quickly went to look for it.

In the store I can only find:
Bionic Commando Rearmed (which is the remake if Im correct) DEMO! not the game, I really want to play this game, but now wth?

Instead I find Bionic Commando Rearmed 2!, which is ok, but I want to play the original game remastered... come on wth, what do I have to do now in order for me to play that game?

My PC sucks and can't handle games, just in-case I get the usual "get it for PC" if there is even a pc version.

Ask Capcom. Sony didn't make the game, and it does not "fall to Sony" by default. I don't think, however, they are going to put the time and money into a "remaster" of a fourteen year old game.

Message 2 of 5 (1,744 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11776 posts

May 17, 2013

Here's a link to the product for Bionic Commando: Rearmed that was originally released on the PlayStation Store in 2008. Unfortunately however, the store description says that the game is not available for purchase. It could be that Capcom has stopped selling the game digitally, at least on the PlayStation Store. It has been nearly five years since the game first released, which in that time maybe sales for the game have diminished severely compared to when it previously came out. Bionic Commando: Rearmed is definitely one of the best downloadable games you can find on the store too, which is sad that they've pulled it.

Message 3 of 5 (68 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11357 posts

May 17, 2013

Most smallish-PSN (less than a Gigabyte) demos are actually the full game that just limit play to a small portion of the full game.  Usually there is an option in game to purchase the full game.  If that option is there, and you use it, you will immediately unlock the full game.

Message 4 of 5 (40 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

May 17, 2013
At first I thought you were talking about the retail Bionic Commando. It's not worth playing. Rearmed is okay but nothing to get flustered over.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 5 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes