Oct 01 2013
By: Nomadd006 Sackboy 451 posts

BF4 beta release

27 replies 1706 views Edited Oct 1, 2013

**bleep** Sony!? Why is Sony allowing Xbox and PC to get an 11hr head start on the Beta for BF4? This is completely unacceptable in the gaming world.

Hey! I am Canadian, I am sorry if you've offended me.
Message 1 of 28 (1,706 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Re: BF4 beta release

Oct 1, 2013
Different time zones.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 2 of 28 (1,703 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Really, thats the answer??? BS! I'm not buying that...Japan is a head of us in any event...even the stock market, Japan is always ahead...but with the Release of BF4, they're 11 hrs behind??

Message 3 of 28 (1,695 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Sony isn't "allowing" anything.

It's EA's decision on when people get the Beta and whatnot.

Sony isn't going to pay EA money, just to get a beta a bit earlier.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 28 (1,688 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 1, 2013

Thats not what EA has posted, they say its up to the platform makers...."Note, release times for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are controlled by Microsoft and Sony, respectively...." ...even if that was the case...why would Sony not fight that and make it known to all its customers, to sa hey...its not out fault??

Message 5 of 28 (1,680 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Nomadd006 wrote:

Thats not what EA has posted, they say its up to the platform makers...."Note, release times for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 are controlled by Microsoft and Sony, respectively...." ...even if that was the case...why would Sony not fight that and make it known to all its customers, to sa hey...its not out fault??

Ah, my mistake.

Well then the reason would more likely be:

Sony always updates their servers around 4-5pm Eastern Time, and as such, that's when they'll receive the Beta access.

Whereas XBL usually updates near midnight and such.

Message 6 of 28 (1,672 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Sony's not going to pay??? Is that what you said?? So it is Sony's decision...with all the money that gets pumped into Sony via me the consumer..and that's the answer? Poor Sony..the hell with the consumer..Interesting.

Message 7 of 28 (1,672 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Nomadd006 wrote:

Sony's not going to pay??? Is that what you said?? So it is Sony's decision...with all the money that gets pumped into Sony via me the consumer..and that's the answer? Poor Sony..the hell with the consumer..Interesting.

Regardless of how much money Sony gets, Microsoft currently just gets MORE (thanks to XBL Gold subs)

And I mean in terms of buying out devs' interests.

Why do you think a lot of games are going to be on Xbox One first? Because M$ paid them to get access.

Message 8 of 28 (1,669 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
451 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Sorry that excuse is just lame...this is a MAJOR release...something is wrong with this 11hrs dude, that's a lot in the gaming world..Don't you agree, when it comes to releases...I dunno I am very disappointed. I've been a diehard Sony fan for 35+ years...since my first cassette tape walkman...this really blows and makes my wanna rethink my next console choice.

Message 9 of 28 (1,667 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Oct 1, 2013

Nomadd006 wrote:

Sorry that excuse is just lame...this is a MAJOR release...something is wrong with this 11hrs dude, that's a lot in the gaming world..Don't you agree, when it comes to releases...I dunno I am very disappointed. I've been a diehard Sony fan for 35+ years...since my first cassette tape walkman...this really blows and makes my wanna rethink my next console choice.

What, because a Beta isn't coming out when you want it too? What's 11 hours going to do anyway?

And think about it: If you decide Xbox One is your next gen console of choice, you have to wait a whole WEEK after the PS4 comes out to get one.

So that's 1 week of not playing BF4.

I'd rather wait 11 hours for a beta, than a whole week for the full game.

Message 10 of 28 (1,663 Views)