Sackboy
573 posts

Re: BACKWARDS /COMPATIBILITY OWNERS __or__ The B/C Players Round Table

May 2, 2013

Squished wrote:

Does Sony still rerpair the BC PS3's?  I have one but it no longer reads discs.  I want to get mine back as a put a really nice Angelina Jolie skin on it.

you can prolly just replace the bluray drive if thats the only problem with the console.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 21 of 23 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

Squished wrote:

Does Sony still rerpair the BC PS3's?  I have one but it no longer reads discs.  I want to get mine back as a put a really nice Angelina Jolie skin on it.

Smiley Wink

Here is where a thread like this becomes REALLY useful.  Squished, if you have a B/C unit whose only problem is that the drive doesn't read discs (game discs?  or just movie discs?)...Sony will still repair those units as far as I know, but the repair is $150 and the job of boxing-n-shipping. 

Cascadian says it perfectly right.

The replacement drives for those CECHA and CECHE consoles can be ordered on internet marketplaces for $40 - $75.  Unscrewing the lid off your console (nine screws) and replacing the drive (2 plug-in connectors) is a 20 minute breeze of a job.  No soldering, no electrical wires to mess with, no circuitboards to lift out the way.  

Don't send your unit to Sony when it's something so small you can do it yourself before breakfast.  (Sony already has enough other stuff to work on Smiley Happy)

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 22 of 23 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 6, 2013

Smiley Wink

Incidentally, KUDOS and grats for the gamer who hosted some fine sessions on Star Wars Battlefront II last Friday night!!

I hadn’t really planned to play or host on Friday, so I only stayed for an hour, but it was cool fighting to protect the last Bespin command post against Arc troopers. 

If you’re reading this VODE, thanks and spread the word: Long Live Battlefront online!!!

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 23 of 23 (48 Views)
0 Likes