Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

Re: BACKWARDS /COMPATIBILITY OWNERS __or__ The B/C Players Round Table

Apr 30, 2013

Im blessed to have the old beast..80 GB fatso..motorstorm bundle 1..had it repaired 1 time,still wks and love to go back,so many great games..and thx for the info..Smiley Wink

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 11 of 23 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Can any of you donate some b/c unit- shopping advice on how to detect a GOOD used unit from a BAD used unit on sale-- or even shed a redundant unit that you know is in good used condition?

I read someone who's 60gb b/c is on its knees (pending YLOD), and is considering shopping for a used replacement.  Smiley Happy

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

I'll miss your contributuions, Eterne.
Message 12 of 23 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I used to have a backwards compatible PS3 and I used the backwards compatibility feature a lot. I miss it. 

Message 13 of 23 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 1, 2013
Icestar 10:

...That's a familiar sounding statement.
Spoken by more gamers than would want to admit it.

What did you do with your PS2 games? Still hoping for future?

Sad goodbyes and a Universe of good wishes to the 49, especially to CCP Eterne...
Because no story or character (not even an Eve character) can have a life without writers and publishers.

Message 14 of 23 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 1, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:
Icestar 10:

...That's a familiar sounding statement.
Spoken by more gamers than would want to admit it.

What did you do with your PS2 games? Still hoping for future?

I stil have my PS2 games in my closet. Yeah, I want to see backwards compatibility for PS2 games with the PS4. I would love that a lot! Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 23 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

Smiley Embarassed  Well, Icestar 10, ...when I was a teenager I had ambitions that I'd meet this actress named Catherine Schell, and she'd fall for me and somehow the age difference would disappear. 

It was a nice hopeful thing to look forward to, but I knew not to wait for it to happen because I didn't have any influence or control over making it happen...

No matter what "online" version of back-compatibilty Sony will come up with (AND they WILL come up with it as a profitable way to get more players to buy downloaded materials), they WON'T ever again make the consoles themselves b/c. 

That's what makes the B/C fat consoles such a PRIZE.  It came once...Sony messed up financially somewhere in the process of making it and failed to recover the loss, but a LOT of players considered it a WIN for them.   And it's NEVER gonna come again...Robot Sad

Folks like me who are patient and watchful can STILL find a brand-new unopened 60GB hiding somewhere in the US for the SAME price as when they originally sold in stores!!  (that's ZERO inflation over 7 years...Hooyah!)

While collectors who have BIG BUCKS in their pockets feel happy buying one of them for $1500 and up on the intenet marketplaces.

What both kinds of owners have in common is that we both agree in the legendary WORTH of the console. 

Message 16 of 23 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

May 1, 2013

TSFRJ wrote:

I have a limited time 80G B/C model being shipped to me whilemy Slim is under warrnty repair. I mostly just use it for GTA PS2 games. after i get it from storage i may have go through my local pawn shops supply of old PS2 titles.

TSFRJ, how'd you decide to have a B/C unit shipped to you as a temp?  Did Sony do that?  Naaaa, that doesn't seem like their style...

Do you plan to keep the B/C?  Is it a loaner that must be returned when your Slim gets up and running again?

Message 17 of 23 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

May 1, 2013

my Cecha01 still works fine though i see no need to brag since they are still widly available, and yes i use it for BC im currently playing Futurama for the PS2 on it.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 18 of 23 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 1, 2013

Chedwidden wrote:

Smiley Embarassed  Well, Icestar 10, ...when I was a teenager I had ambitions that I'd meet this actress named Catherine Schell, and she'd fall for me and somehow the age difference would disappear. 

It was a nice hopeful thing to look forward to, but I knew not to wait for it to happen because I didn't have any influence or control over making it happen...

No matter what "online" version of back-compatibilty Sony will come up with (AND they WILL come up with it as a profitable way to get more players to buy downloaded materials), they WON'T ever again make the consoles themselves b/c. 

That's what makes the B/C fat consoles such a PRIZE.  It came once...Sony messed up financially somewhere in the process of making it and failed to recover the loss, but a LOT of players considered it a WIN for them.   And it's NEVER gonna come again...Robot Sad

Folks like me who are patient and watchful can STILL find a brand-new unopened 60GB hiding somewhere in the US for the SAME price as when they originally sold in stores!!  (that's ZERO inflation over 7 years...Hooyah!)

While collectors who have BIG BUCKS in their pockets feel happy buying one of them for $1500 and up on the intenet marketplaces.

What both kinds of owners have in common is that we both agree in the legendary WORTH of the console. 

you have a point. I don't expect backwards compatibility to come back. I don't like this but I guess we can't do anything about it. Smiley Sad

Message 19 of 23 (65 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

May 1, 2013

Does Sony still rerpair the BC PS3's?  I have one but it no longer reads discs.  I want to get mine back as a put a really nice Angelina Jolie skin on it.

“Never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. If people all over the world...would do this, it would change the earth.”
― William Faulkner
Message 20 of 23 (60 Views)
0 Likes