Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2012

I am going to try to respond to two of the comments in one post so bear with me.

Re to ixnine:  Sure one can buy the memory card separately, but it defeats the purpose of bundling a game with a system that can not play the game immediately (bundle with Little Deviants came with 4GB memory card).  As to the comment on the color I never thought  of fingerprints being a problem on a system and see your point there.

Re to highoffcoffee:  Gamestop has the tendency to lag behind on getting information so the website might indeed change as the release date approaches.  There is also the possibility that Gamestop is adding the memory to the bundle on their own but I somewhat doubt that.

To the other comments I really do hope it comes with the 4GB memory.  I intend to use the 4GB card for save games and buy an additional larger card for PSN games once the price for memory drops.

Message 11 of 49 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 11, 2012
For the sake of new adopters, I hope Sony does include a memory card. I can see how not including one would give the buyer the opportunity of choosing their own size, but not everyone will be able to afford that option.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 12 of 49 (385 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 11, 2012

It'd be kinda sad without the 4GB card, I mean they already showed off the box WITH the memory card clearly on the box http://www.gamester.tv/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ps-vita-bundle-assassins-creed-liberation.png

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 49 (382 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 12, 2012

While Sony certainly isn't making this issue very clear, it definately states that a 4GB memory card in included in the bundle for the press release from E3: http://us.playstation.com/corporate/about/press-release/sony-computer-entertainment-america-introduc...

Here is the Gamestop listing and Best Buy listings (Both show that a memory card is included):

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-wi-fi-assassins-creed-iii-liberation-bundl...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Assassin's+Creed+III%3A+Liberation+Bundle+for+PlayStation+Vita+Wi...

Although is is possible that Sony changed their mind on this, that is awful bad timing to do so a few weeks after E3, surely this would have been finalized well ahead of time.

We will have to see what happens, but at this point we can't assume anything on this issue.

Message 14 of 49 (370 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 12, 2012

slayTHE_MAN wrote:

I have a few concerns with regards to the Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle.    First off what I noticed after looking at the bundle was that it does not include a memory card.  This is going to be a major problem considering the high probability of this game needing a memory card in order to play/save, so hopefully the bundle ships with at least an 8GB memory card.  The second thing that bothered me was that the system itself is going to be white.  This would not a problem if it were a home console, however because this is a portable console the system will rapidly start to discolor into that nasty yellowish color.  Aside from changing the color to silver I have no idea how to make that work.  Last thing I looked at before closing the tab was the price, it is going to be $249.  Ok now the price had me thinking, is there going to be a price drop for the base system between now and October when this bundle is released and if that is the case is this bundles price subject to change?  Tell me what you guys are thinking about this bundle, any suggestions for Sony while they still have time to adjust the bundle, or if you just think this bundle is a great deal.

You are just assuming that. I own a White DS Lite for several years and nothing of that sort is happening to it.

The Vita you are refering to is called "crystal white" where it is midway between white and silver in color. IMO this color is better for the Vita because the optical illusion of the lighter color hides the fingerprint smudges better than the black Vita.

I do believe that Sony will reduce the price of the stand alone Vita, because it won't sell at all next to the AC3 and Madden Vita bundles.

Message 15 of 49 (368 Views)
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 12, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Because Gamestop is so reliable when it comes to information....

I remember they once told me (even though I knew it wasn't true) that the PS3 Slim could play PS2 discs.

They also told me that there was a PSP Go 2.

And as a result, I don't go to that Gamestop anymore. I think the staff there all got fired.

well sorry for that bad experience, but i actually know what i'm talking about. i'm what you call a sony fangirl xD

if you watched E3 they even said it would include the memory card.

and hey if for some reason there is no memory card included, take a screenshot of the gamestop website and show them when the bundle releases; they will be forced to honor it

Message 16 of 49 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jul 12, 2012
Pretty sure 4 GB cards will be in all bundles.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 17 of 49 (350 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 12, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

Because Gamestop is so reliable when it comes to information....

I remember they once told me (even though I knew it wasn't true) that the PS3 Slim could play PS2 discs.

They also told me that there was a PSP Go 2.

And as a result, I don't go to that Gamestop anymore. I think the staff there all got fired.

You are going to get unreliable information wherever you go, GameStop/Best Buy/Walmart/etc. employees don't have to be knowlegeable about videogames. Particually places like GameStop are only interested in the employee's ability to sell and presell items. That is why I feel it is important to be knowlegable about this stuff yourself.

Message 18 of 49 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Jul 13, 2012
I want this bundle but will probably have to buy a bigger memory card anyways. Smiley Mad

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 19 of 49 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 13, 2012
As a personal rule of thumb, I like to do all my research online. It's hard to trust everything any employee has to say, and it's reasonable, because, they're only trained on what's out now. They're not required to know anything else, unless they're huge fans themselves and choose to do the extra research. Everyone else is there for the paycheck and that's ok, too.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 20 of 49 (319 Views)
0 Likes