Jul 11 2012
By: slayTHE_MAN Monster Hunter 42 posts

Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle

48 replies 892 views Edited Jul 11, 2012

I have a few concerns with regards to the Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle.    First off what I noticed after looking at the bundle was that it does not include a memory card.  This is going to be a major problem considering the high probability of this game needing a memory card in order to play/save, so hopefully the bundle ships with at least an 8GB memory card.  The second thing that bothered me was that the system itself is going to be white.  This would not a problem if it were a home console, however because this is a portable console the system will rapidly start to discolor into that nasty yellowish color.  Aside from changing the color to silver I have no idea how to make that work.  Last thing I looked at before closing the tab was the price, it is going to be $249.  Ok now the price had me thinking, is there going to be a price drop for the base system between now and October when this bundle is released and if that is the case is this bundles price subject to change?  Tell me what you guys are thinking about this bundle, any suggestions for Sony while they still have time to adjust the bundle, or if you just think this bundle is a great deal.

Message 1 of 49 (892 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
694 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle

Jul 11, 2012

pretty sure the $249.99 price tag is just for the Wifi-only version, probably won't come with a memory card.

Message 2 of 49 (881 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 11, 2012
- although there's no memory card, At least the game is included at no extra cost. $20 more dollars for a 4GB card seems reasonable to me, considering we'd already be saving up to $40 for the game. I'd rather pay $20 more than $40 more.
- Sure, white is risky, but people still love their white systems. Unlike black handhelds, there's less noticeable fingerprints and smudges. Even I'm tempted to get this bundle just to have a second PS Vita in another color.
- I too am curious if there will be a price drop. Nintendo is already releasing the 3DS XL next month at $199, which would be a great time for Sony to do a price drop sometime right after, or at least before the holidays, to help compete. however, game included as a bundle doesn't necessarily mean a price drop, either. Sony has done limited edition PS3/game bundles in the past without a system price drop. For now, let's hope for a price drop. I love my PS Vita and would love to see a spike in sales to help it succeed.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 3 of 49 (879 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Jul 11, 2012

slayTHE_MAN wrote:

I have a few concerns with regards to the Assassin's Creed Liberation Vita bundle.    First off what I noticed after looking at the bundle was that it does not include a memory card.  This is going to be a major problem considering the high probability of this game needing a memory card in order to play/save, so hopefully the bundle ships with at least an 8GB memory card.  The second thing that bothered me was that the system itself is going to be white.  This would not a problem if it were a home console, however because this is a portable console the system will rapidly start to discolor into that nasty yellowish color.  Aside from changing the color to silver I have no idea how to make that work.  Last thing I looked at before closing the tab was the price, it is going to be $249.  Ok now the price had me thinking, is there going to be a price drop for the base system between now and October when this bundle is released and if that is the case is this bundles price subject to change?  Tell me what you guys are thinking about this bundle, any suggestions for Sony while they still have time to adjust the bundle, or if you just think this bundle is a great deal.

During the press conference, I recall Tretton saying it would include a 4GB memory card.  Might've been a different bundle..

Message 4 of 49 (874 Views)
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 11, 2012
Sadly, no memory card. Let's hope they reconsider.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/psv-assassin-s-creed-bundle.html
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 5 of 49 (868 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11152 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Every description of the bundle I have read states it includes a 4GB memory card.

Even so, there is a slight possibility that ACII:L actually does not require a memory card.  It depends on how the game is designed, and how scenes are loaded from the game card.  The Vita has been out for a few months now, Sony may have allowed developers to use the Vita's internal storage (I haven't read anything official, but the Vita has at least a couple hundred MB of internal storage reserved for use by the operating system) as a cache.

Message 6 of 49 (866 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 11, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

Every description of the bundle I have read states it includes a 4GB memory card.

Even so, there is a slight possibility that ACII:L actually does not require a memory card.  It depends on how the game is designed, and how scenes are loaded from the game card.  The Vita has been out for a few months now, Sony may have allowed developers to use the Vita's internal storage (I haven't read anything official, but the Vita has at least a couple hundred MB of internal storage reserved for use by the operating system) as a cache.

Well sadly, that link to the AC Bundle on Sony's page?

A month ago, it had a 4GB memory card listed on that page (Because I remember seeing it with that bundle on that same page)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 49 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
182 posts

Jul 11, 2012

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-wi-fi-assassins-creed-iii-liberation-bundl... 

i work at gamestop and can confirm that the bundle includes a 4GB memory card

Message 8 of 49 (853 Views)
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 11, 2012

Because Gamestop is so reliable when it comes to information....

I remember they once told me (even though I knew it wasn't true) that the PS3 Slim could play PS2 discs.

They also told me that there was a PSP Go 2.

And as a result, I don't go to that Gamestop anymore. I think the staff there all got fired.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 49 (841 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jul 11, 2012
If the no memory card thing is true I wonder what made them remove it? I don't get it..
Message 10 of 49 (836 Views)
0 Likes