PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Assassin's Creed Vita Bundle

Jul 18, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

While Sony certainly isn't making this issue very clear, it definately states that a 4GB memory card in included in the bundle for the press release from E3: http://us.playstation.com/corporate/about/press-release/sony-computer-entertainment-america-introduc...

Here is the Gamestop listing and Best Buy listings (Both show that a memory card is included):

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-wi-fi-assassins-creed-iii-liberation-bundl...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Assassin's+Creed+III%3A+Liberation+Bundle+for+PlayStation+Vita+Wi...

Although is is possible that Sony changed their mind on this, that is awful bad timing to do so a few weeks after E3, surely this would have been finalized well ahead of time.

We will have to see what happens, but at this point we can't assume anything on this issue.

It looks like GameStop has updated their listing, and dropped that the memory card is included, Best Buy has not changed their listing.

It is beginning to look like this is true, people should start giving Sony feedback expressing their disapproval, especially after initially announcing it...

Message 21 of 49 (185 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jul 18, 2012

Why are they being so stingy about a 4GB memory card.. This ridiculous I wanna hear the excuse about this one.

Message 22 of 49 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 18, 2012
There really isn't an excuse for this, I can understand certain changes being made, but after officially announcing it at E3 and specifing it included one in the press release? Something is seriously off.

I guess someone at Sony doesn't think anyone would notice...
Message 23 of 49 (171 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1356 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I just want to hear what they have to say. I'm also guessing the Madden bundle will be like this.
Message 24 of 49 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
432 posts

Jul 20, 2012
I am curious tho. How come none of these new bundles will be offered with 3G? You would think they could get a new 3G bundle out there?

~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Message 25 of 49 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 21, 2012

Mysticalex wrote:
I am curious tho. How come none of these new bundles will be offered with 3G? You would think they could get a new 3G bundle out there?

So far Sony hasn't demonstrated you can do very much with the 3G function (and neither AC3 nor Madden takes advantage of 3G), so I am not surprised at all that these bundles are not 3G capable. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony quietly discontinues the 3G model...

Message 26 of 49 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Whether it comes with a memory card or not I'm getting a bigger one than it comes with 4gb isn't nearly enough and would be a waste to include I just want my crystal white vita
Ps3| Vita
Message 27 of 49 (119 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12828 posts

Jul 21, 2012

MageOfRevenants wrote:
Whether it comes with a memory card or not I'm getting a bigger one than it comes with 4gb isn't nearly enough and would be a waste to include I just want my crystal white vita

Well I'm sure others were hoping for it, as maybe they only want physical purchases (in which case, 4GB does fine for save files)

And not having one immediately may make it so some people can't play, since many games require a memory card and people may only be saving just enough money for the bundle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 28 of 49 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 21, 2012
Sucks for them then they have til the end of October to get a memory card better start saving up
Ps3| Vita
Message 29 of 49 (115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12828 posts

Jul 21, 2012

MageOfRevenants wrote:
Sucks for them then they have til the end of October to get a memory card better start saving up

Well it's not just "sucks for them".

I bet many of them probably watched E3 and saw that it was supposed to come with one, and haven't googled it since then, so they'll be expecting one.

It's a matter of "We said something was going to be included in the bundle at one of the biggest gaming events of the year, but then decided to retract it without any official announcement"

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 30 of 49 (112 Views)
0 Likes