Nov 04 2012
By: BPink First Son 7 posts

As a designer, your new store is offensive. As a gamer you're losing me.

[ Edited ]
8 replies 367 views Edited Dec 7, 2014

Thank you PSN for going with Form over Function, and I mean that sarcastically.

Sure, maybe a facelift was needed to re-invigorate the PSN Store, but not at the expense of the user experience.

Games should be able to be located quickly and easily by title and categorized by letter of the alphabet. The previous incarnation of the store allowed for near instant access to the store and extremely easy visual navigation. The new store looks nice, but has lost the intuitive visual navigation system. The best way to locate anything is to search for it by typing in the name of the game. This is inefficient if you mispell something or skip a letter and then get stuck having to retype it in again.  

I used to be able to go into the store (which again, would load instantly) and locate the games I own and find add-on and or updates and get them done in less than five minutes. This would allow me to have minimal time in the store so that I could spend more of my precious gaming time actually playing games. NOW, I have to spend so much extra time looking through everything to see if I have the latest add-on content.

Sometimes, I only have a half hour or so to play a game. (Like tonight) and if I have to spend all my time hunting for add-on content then I've wasted my time and I'll play my XBox. I don't care how pretty something is as long as it works the way it should and this new update to the store doesn't work. It's inefficient and the user experience has just been decimated. Fix it and do it fast or I'll spend more time playing the XBox 360 than I do my beloved PS3.

Mod Edit: Updated title, updated labels, added line breaks to make post easier to read Rules of Conduct & Forum Guidelines - Sassyknot

Message 1 of 9 (367 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Re: As a designer, your new store is offensive... as a gamer you're loosing me.

Nov 4, 2012
MS did the same thing, that's why I came back to playstation. Apparently I should have sucked it up and stuck with 360. Hopefully Sony proves me wrong and aborts this failure before they hand next gen to MS too.

The Better Fanboy Check Test -- Create and Take a Fun Test @ NerdTests.com's User Tests!
Message 2 of 9 (342 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
44367 posts

Nov 4, 2012

I don't see waht it is you find "offensive", of waa that word just used to get people to come & look at your Thread?

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_300x50_002B.jpg

Customer Service Available Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm
General Enquires - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & Billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)

Live Chat Available Mon-Sat 6am-10pm PST & Sun 6am-8pm - LiveChat
Message 3 of 9 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2014

No. The word offensive is correct as the design offended my creative sensibilites. Sensibilites that have been cultivated over decades of design experience. The word can be used in several ways to indicate offensive material that is hateful or derogatory, or as in this case, offensive to a well developed sensibilty. It is not click bait as it clearly only has two responses.

Message 4 of 9 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Dec 7, 2014
It's true. I had to look up a YouTube video on how to find the PS anniversary theme. Luckily I don't use the store for much besides DLC occasionally, and most games have an in-game menu for their DLC so it's not much of a factor for me

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 5 of 9 (197 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Dec 7, 2014
This topic is 2 years old....
Message 6 of 9 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Dec 7, 2014

footballrule wrote:
This topic is 2 years old....

Oddly enough the OP was here to respond to it. Interesting.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 7 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Dec 7, 2014

BPink wrote:

No. The word offensive is correct as the design offended my creative sensibilites. Sensibilites that have been cultivated over decades of design experience. The word can be used in several ways to indicate offensive material that is hateful or derogatory, or as in this case, offensive to a well developed sensibilty. It is not click bait as it clearly only has two responses.

Thanks for coming back after 2 years and bumping your topic. We really missed your contributions to the community.

Message 8 of 9 (174 Views)
PlayStation Moderator (Retired)
554 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 7, 2014

Since this thread has not been active in 2 years, this thread will now be locked. Please make sure a thread is recently active before posting, thanks!

Message 9 of 9 (162 Views)