Feb 11 2012
By: NoToRiOuS_SiiKH First Son 22 posts
Accepted Solution

Are you allowed to use PS Vita on a Plane?

28 replies 3068 views Edited Feb 11, 2012

Im flying next month, just wanted to know if it is allowed to use in flight? Thanks.

Message 1 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Re: Are you allowed to use PS Vita on a Plane?

Feb 11, 2012

dont see why not. can always turn wireless connections off.

Oh Lord, bless this thy holy hand grenade - that it might blow thine enemies to bits... in thy mercy. Amen.
Message 2 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Cheers Mate

Message 3 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Actually, the answer is NO.   Try and do a search about electronic devices, that can cause interference with the mechanics / electrical crap on a plane.  They advice to turn off, just like cell phones.

Message 4 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
538 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Actually the answer is yes. You can use any electronic device on the plane. The only time they ask you not to use them is during take off and landing. Also you cannot use any communication protocols like 3G which probably wouldn't work that high up anyway or Wi-Fi. I've used my portable consoles, iPad, iPhone and laptop many times with the flight crew well aware of it. There is absolutely no problem with it.

Message 5 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Feb 11, 2012

This is correct

Message 6 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
457 posts

Feb 11, 2012

last time I went on a plane they even had WIFI on the plane . I was on the internet on my computer while I was flying in the sky. So I see no reason why you woudlnt be able to play a Vita on a plane. They will just ask you to turn it off at take off and landing like BlackKnight said.

Message 7 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Feb 11, 2012

SteveO1966 wrote:

Actually, the answer is NO.   Try and do a search about electronic devices, that can cause interference with the mechanics / electrical crap on a plane.  They advice to turn off, just like cell phones.

I really am made to wonder if you have ever flown anywhere yourself? Honestly, anyone with half a brain can prove you wrong on that remark. Hell even a monkey can prove you wrong. Stop posting incorrect information. They only tell you to turn it off at take off and landing. During the flight they don't care. Why do you think business people will be seen using their laptop on the plane all the time?

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 8 of 29 (3,068 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6428 posts

Feb 11, 2012

I bet you're embarrased.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Message 9 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

Feb 11, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

SteveO1966 wrote:

I really am made to wonder if you have ever flown anywhere yourself? Honestly, anyone with half a brain can prove you wrong on that remark. Hell even a monkey can prove you wrong. Stop posting incorrect information. They only tell you to turn it off at take off and landing. During the flight they don't care. Why do you think business people will be seen using their laptop on the plane all the time?

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD

Yes I have.....  so I'd suggest you go do some reading..  I had taken my game unit on a plane, cuz I have flying.. and was sitting there playing, and was told by the stewardess to turn it off..  So.. like I said.. GOOGLE!

Message 10 of 29 (3,068 Views)
0 Likes