MVP Support
12792 posts

Re: Are there PS4 turbo controllers yet?

Jan 29, 2014

Lestat573 wrote:

@ glaciusx25 - You realize that COD isn't the only shooter out there, right? Go play GTA4, then come back and tell me no gun fires 30 bullets per second. Smiley Wink

I'm surprised people still play that.

I'm basically talking about the one shooter people would try to cheat on.

GTA4 isn't a competitive shooter by design. Therefore they don't make anything to stop cheating.

I'm pretty sure Battlefield also has the same safeguards as COD does, with maximum fire rates for semi-autos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 47 (218 Views)
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

COD is not the only shooter on the PS4 either, and obviously there will be more in the future. I only specifically mentioned GTA4 because that's one that I know has a ridiculously high cap.

Message 22 of 47 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Lestat573 wrote:

@ glaciusx25 - You realize that COD isn't the only shooter out there, right? Go play GTA4, then come back and tell me no gun fires 30 bullets per second. Smiley Wink

I'm surprised people still play that.

I'm basically talking about the one shooter people would try to cheat on.

GTA4 isn't a competitive shooter by design. Therefore they don't make anything to stop cheating.

I'm pretty sure Battlefield also has the same safeguards as COD does, with maximum fire rates for semi-autos.

Like I said, you obviously never played GTA4. It has plenty of competitive online modes, and there definitely are a fair number of people there that use turbos. I haven't played since before GTA5 came out, but as of last summer there were still plenty of people playing. Just because you never played it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, and it doesn't mean that people didn't cheat in it.

Message 23 of 47 (212 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12792 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Lestat573 wrote:

COD is not the only shooter on the PS4 either, and obviously there will be more in the future. I only specifically mentioned GTA4 because that's one that I know has a ridiculously high cap.

But again, pretty much every competitive shooter (even Killzone) has fire caps on semi autos anyway.

GTA is, again, not a competitive shooter game.

Message 24 of 47 (212 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
15049 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Battlefield has roughly the same mechanics regarding a fire rate cap. I wouldn't be surprised if the math isn't too far off either. I'll hit it every time I use a semi automatic weapon. Considering the recoil it would be practically useless to shoot that fast in anything but a close range engagement.

What's so bad about corn syrup? It's natural; corn's a fruit and syrup comes from a bush.

Fabulous!
Message 25 of 47 (209 Views)
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

glaciusx25 wrote:

Tell that to the people that played online for years, and that still play online.Just because it has more elements than just a shooter, that does not mean it's not competitive online. Like I said, there's a wide world out there that does not involve COD.

Message 26 of 47 (207 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12792 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

Lestat573 wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

Tell that to the people that played online for years, and that still play online.Just because it has more elements than just a shooter, that does not mean it's not competitive online.

You misunderstand my definition of "competitive shooter".

I don't mean it doesn't have shooting in a competitive way.

I mean it's not something people play COMPETITIVELY to prove a point.

Are there game battles for GTA? Can you get paid to be the best GTA player? Do people care about KDR in GTA? Are there statistics for you to follow? Leaderboards on your kills vs deaths? Is it something people recognize as a primarily multiplayer game used to prove some sort of "skill"?

And did I not mention other games, like Battlefield and Killzone? I'm well aware there are other shooters. COD is just the easiest example since it's the most popular, the most likely to have cheaters, and the most competitive of all of them.

Message 27 of 47 (202 Views)
Sackboy
388 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2014

- Are there game battles for GTA?

Not sure about that one.

- Can you get paid to be the best GTA player?

I'm sure you can.

- Do people care about KDR in GTA? Are there statistics for you to follow? Leaderboards on your kills vs deaths? Is it something people recognize as a primarily multiplayer game used to prove some sort of "skill"?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. It obviously has a huge single player following too, but it also had a huge multiplayer following.

And the fact of the matter still remains, turbo controllers can and do give you an advantage in some games. If they didn't then nobody would buy them and the OP wouldn't be asking about them. Yes, some games do a better job about negating them, but some don't and they still ruin the experience for others, especially in games like GTA4. Just because you don't personally play or care about the game doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of people that do.

Message 28 of 47 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4754 posts

Jan 29, 2014
There is no firing cap on cod. My old roommate used to use a turbo controller to use on the semi sniper and assault rifles. For every one press of the trigger it fires 3 bullets. That's clearly a competitive advantage. Let's be honest though cheaters are going to cheat it's been happening since the dawn of gaming

Message 29 of 47 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12792 posts

Jan 29, 2014

xTOMMYTROJANx wrote:
There is no firing cap on cod. My old roommate used to use a turbo controller to use on the semi sniper and assault rifles. For every one press of the trigger it fires 3 bullets. That's clearly a competitive advantage. Let's be honest though cheaters are going to cheat it's been happening since the dawn of gaming

Oh really?

If you have a friend who has Ghosts (or if you have Ghosts), go press the trigger as many times as you can while firing the SVU.

Then just try to fire "moderately" fast (not just mashing), and you'll notice that you fire faster. Why? Because your button mashing exceeded the fire cap. The next bullet wasn't ready by the time you hit it again, so you wasted a press (or even 2 presses of the button), and so you fired slower.

If your friend can fire 3 bullets with one press, that's not a turbo controller, that's hacking the game code (unless there's a delay between the bullets that equals the fire rate)

Message 30 of 47 (185 Views)