Fender Bender
2980 posts

Re: Are the new "Playstation Gold" headsets worth it?

Feb 15, 2014
@Grindhead_Jim

Thanks for a lot more good info about these headsets. When I do decide to buy one I'm sure I'll make the right choice.
Message 11 of 14 (361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Feb 17, 2014

I just ordered the PLYR 1's from Best Buy yesterday $129.99 in black. They should be here tomorrow, I'll let you know how I like them. I needed something for late night gaming and these seem to get a lot of praise.

I'll keep you posted.

Message 12 of 14 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 17, 2014

No complaints out of me for the price.

Message 13 of 14 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Apr 5, 2014

Alright.. Heres my review. Grading on 10 scale

Sound- 8. While they sound great, they could have more bass or be a little louder ! I haven't tinkered with the app to adjust bass, but for 99 they sound is good enough

Look- 8. The headset deff looks a little silly if you are gonna be using it in public. you can customize the side pieces so they don't have the sony XO etc if you want. 

Comfortablility - Very Very comfortable. They fit really good, are light enough , and don't cause any trauma to the head/ears so to speak

The headset also is made for the PS4. The app allows you to customize and download specific settings game creators make. For example, Infamous has a special upload to make the experience and sound better. Battery life seems really good.

For 99 you can't go wrong. Sony always makes there hardware very durable and i don't have to worry about it breaking. (so far so good)

Hope this helps

Message 14 of 14 (177 Views)
0 Likes