Jan 24 2012
By: SPOOKULA209 Survivor 2715 posts
Accepted Solution

Are the PS Vita game prices and port pricing justified? No emulation for PSN games?

4 replies 49 views Edited Jan 24, 2012

So today I get home from work and read this http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/23/ubisoft-ps-vita-week-dungeon-hunter-alliance-brings-an-epi...

and I had to say something. I knew it was going to happen but I really think I'm going to skip out on the Vita after this.

I know nobody cares and Sony has to make money and blah blah blah but this is why handhelds are failing. I bought this game for $10 on the ps3 and the launch price for the vita is $40!? That’s insane and unacceptable imo and anyone who buys this game must be a fool. You can get the game on the ps3 and android super cheap and I don’t see what’s added to make it worth the money.

This is the problem I see them having because they wonder why their game sales numbers are no good, because we are all getting robbed. Was gonna buy this day one but stuff like this is slowly changing my mind but people keep sucking it up through a straw so I can’t blame them.

Most of the psn games like this one, joe danger, zenpinball, etc can all be ported over with a dev kit or sdk kit that is made specifically to make games work on the ps3 and vita but this is the type of stuff we will get instead. They are double dipping and I won’t be buying many games for the system if I do still buy it because I see them doing the same weak pricing structure they had with the psp and ps3. I have 120 psn games and 100 or more are ones I bought not from psn+ and I can’t even play any of them on the vita even though it’s powerful enough? For shame

Message 1 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Re: Are the PS Vita game prices and port pricing justified? No emulation for PSN games?

Jan 24, 2012

To be honest if you shop around and pre-order games you can get much better deals then advertised.

For example, Hot Shots Golf 6 listed at $39.99, but last week I ordered it from Best Buy for $29.99 and then got a $5.00 off credit when adding it to the cart, so the game ended up being $25.00. I have done the same for a few games, and others that are higher I will just wait a bit and see if they go down as well. Between Amazon and Best Buy there have been some insanely good deals and discounts, just keep your eyes peeled for better prices =)

Keep in mind this is even before it has been released, here is the full list of discounts I have gotten so far:

-PS Vita First Edition Bundle (WIFI) + Free copy of Uncharted $299.00 *Canadian Best Buy Gamer Zone In Store Offer a few weeks back

-PS Vita Wifi $245.00 Best Buy Discounted Pre-order

-Modnation Racers $25.00 Best Buy Discounted Pre-order

-Hot Shots Golf 6 $25.00 Best Buy Discounted Pre-order

-Wipeout 2948 $25.00 Best Buy Discounted Pre-order

-8GB Memory Card $25.00 Best Buy Discounted Pre-order

-Touch My Katamari $29.99 Amazon.ca Discounted Pre-order

There is well over $100 in savings right there and that is before the thing is even released!

I really can't complain, heck even if there is a price drop 6 months down the road, I will essentially be getting the stuff for the same price at launch, I'd really encourage people to shop around and remember you can always cancel and chance pre-orders as much as you want to get the best current deals!

On a side note you can essentially build you own first edition bundle from best buy right now,

Wifi Vita = $245 with discount

4GB mem card = $15 with discount

Several games are listed at $25 with discount (take your pick)

the case =  $15 with discount

Adds up to $300.00 only you could skip little deviants and get say wipeout 2048 instead for the same price!

So yes some prices are artifically high, but again shop around and make yourself a great deal! We also don't know what will happen at launch, when I grabbed the 3DS Best buy had a buy 2 games get 1 free deal on launch day, so something like that could also factor in for lucky launch day buyers =)

Message 2 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Are the PS Vita game prices and port pricing justified? No emulation for PSN games?

Jan 25, 2012

That actually is pretty smart. Im confused on weather I should buy right away or wait a bit to see if there are any errors with the first ps vitas that come out.

Karmaloop RepCode: ohwee
Message 3 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Thankfully Japan has been the early testers for us already, they have had it out there for a while now and there are already 2 firmware updates adressing software bugs and issues, so chances are the UK and NA launch Vitas will be updated and far more stable then when released in Japan back on Dec 17th 2011.

We also get Netflix, and a few other apps as well as many new games that weren't yet released in Japan, not to mention some neat AR cards that will work with some augmented reality games that will be free at launch.

This time around I think it's safe that we have nothing to worry about, any bad issues etc would have already been out in the open in Japan units, so major bugs etc would have been long fixed by the time we see it

Message 4 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2715 posts

Jan 25, 2012

I'll wait and see what they have to offer but the game prices are ridiculous

Message 5 of 5 (49 Views)
0 Likes