Gaming Beast
2007 posts

Re: Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

Feb 23, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

sertyla wrote:

TLOU was the most overrated game of the last year. It was boring, the ending sucked, and its based on a over-used theme. Zombies...

- "Boring" is one of the most subjective complaints I have ever seen in any form of entertainment. Almost everything that I know of that is considered good by consensus has has called "boring" by dissenters. The Godfather, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Memento to name a few.

- The ending sucked? Were you expecting a "Happily ever after?" Let me ask seriously ask, did you think the ending of District 9 or The Road also sucked?

- Having an overused genre does not make a story any less good or bad. It's just as you describe it; overused.

The only complaint you have that has an argument basis to stand on is the ending. The other two are purely personal preference.

Could the genre being overused be used as fact also? There have been many Zombie games in the PS3/WII/360 gen and movies also.

One Time "Face Of WWE" champion, 12-07-14 to 12-28-14
Message 81 of 94 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5662 posts

Feb 23, 2014

sertyla wrote:

CptKirby wrote:

sertyla wrote:

TLOU was the most overrated game of the last year. It was boring, the ending sucked, and its based on a over-used theme. Zombies...

- "Boring" is one of the most subjective complaints I have ever seen in any form of entertainment. Almost everything that I know of that is considered good by consensus has has called "boring" by dissenters. The Godfather, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Memento to name a few.

- The ending sucked? Were you expecting a "Happily ever after?" Let me ask seriously ask, did you think the ending of District 9 or The Road also sucked?

- Having an overused genre does not make a story any less good or bad. It's just as you describe it; overused.

The only complaint you have that has an argument basis to stand on is the ending. The other two are purely personal preference.

Could the genre being overused be used as fact also? There have been many Zombie games in the PS3/WII/360 gen and movies also.

Was I supposed to cry at the ending or something then? The only thing the game had right was the multiplayer.

So what if a genre is over used? It only means it's a commonly used plot device, it doesn't make it bad.

You didn't answer my question. My point was that not every plot needs a falling action that lasts more than a few minutes or a complete wrap up. Multiplayer never worked when I tried, I would always get stuck on geometry. I think it had something to do with lag.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 82 of 94 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

Feb 23, 2014

VR_F0X wrote:

sertyla wrote:

It is fine that you don't like it and all, but if you think the theme of the game is "zombies" then it clearly went right over your head. Smiley Mad

Please refer to this red segment

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Message 83 of 94 (87 Views)
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 23, 2014

GTAV gamers are the only true gamers in this planet.  If you dont play that game you are the worst kind of gamer and you should probably start thinking straight. 

I have seen this type of commentaries over the internet and even heard them on a daily baisis on PR. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 84 of 94 (84 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Feb 23, 2014
A true gamer loves games. It shouldn't matter what genre or system you're playing. If a video games excites you are a gamer. I do understand where you're coming from though. I do wish people expanded their horizons a bit more.
Message 85 of 94 (81 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 23, 2014
Please guys, please. You really think TLoU and GTA V suck... Like.. Sertly. And Beyond Two Souls is simply amazing... Now, ik its ur opinion.
But i am a naughty fanboy. I'll do anything to protect them!!!
Message 86 of 94 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 23, 2014
@darkforcegod... I won't say u become a real gamer after plau gta, but... If you are a gamer and haven't played, u should really try it.

And i would also like to say to @sertyla that nozthe zombie theme wasn't overused, i guess it was to least used in any zombie game ever, but the most smartly. They really felt like some sort of danger to the player. I got goosebumps everytime i saw a bloater.
Message 87 of 94 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 23, 2014

thefisrtofus wrote:
@darkforcegod... I won't say u become a real gamer after plau gta, but... If you are a gamer and haven't played, u should really try it.

And i would also like to say to @sertyla that nozthe zombie theme wasn't overused, i guess it was to least used in any zombie game ever, but the most smartly. They really felt like some sort of danger to the player. I got goosebumps everytime i saw a bloater.

I have played GTAV I own it since day one.  Its just that people acted last year to GTAV the way that people act for COD. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 88 of 94 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5662 posts

Feb 23, 2014

thefisrtofus wrote:
. And Beyond Two Souls is simply amazing... 

No, it's not.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 89 of 94 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 23, 2014
Okay.
Message 90 of 94 (65 Views)
0 Likes