MVP Support
13312 posts

Re: Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

Feb 22, 2014

spyder_21 wrote:
A "Real" gamer in my opinion, is one who takes a chance on multiple games. Not being focused around one single game or brand.

Heck yea. A gamer shouldn't be judged on what games they do or don't play. As for FPS's -- I'm not a huge fan of them, tbh. They're ok, but I like platformers, RPG's and other games better.

smdedspace2.png

Smiley HappyRobot Happy/FAQ and Rules & Conduct//FAQ about reports/Forum Team info/Robot Very Happy/WC Forum Resources/ PSN friends thread/Life and Gaming -- My blog

Playstation customer support numbers: 1-877-971-7669 (for billing and Playstation Network); 1-800-345-7669 (for technical support)
Message 71 of 94 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 22, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

sertyla wrote:

TLOU was the most overrated game of the last year. It was boring, the ending sucked, and its based on a over-used theme. Zombies...

- "Boring" is one of the most subjective complaints I have ever seen in any form of entertainment. Almost everything that I know of that is considered good by consensus has has called "boring" by dissenters. The Godfather, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Memento to name a few.

- The ending sucked? Were you expecting a "Happily ever after?" Let me ask seriously ask, did you think the ending of District 9 or The Road also sucked?

- Having an overused genre does not make a story any less good or bad. It's just as you describe it; overused.

The only complaint you have that has an argument basis to stand on is the ending. The other two are purely personal preference.

Thank You. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 72 of 94 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Feb 22, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

far-zan wrote:
Most large games are overrated including TLOU and GTA5. IMO opinion the game was really fun especially at higher diffixulties where you actually had to think of a strategy. I really liked the ending and so what if it has zombies it was a way to setup the environment of the story the goal of the game wasn't to kill zombies. I wouldnt discredit a game just because it had zombies

Are you contradicting yourself? 

Where? I typed this on my phone and never cared to read over it. 

Message 73 of 94 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 22, 2014

far-zan wrote:

darkforcegod wrote:

far-zan wrote:
Most large games are overrated including TLOU and GTA5. IMO opinion the game was really fun especially at higher diffixulties where you actually had to think of a strategy. I really liked the ending and so what if it has zombies it was a way to setup the environment of the story the goal of the game wasn't to kill zombies. I wouldnt discredit a game just because it had zombies

Are you contradicting yourself? 

Where? I typed this on my phone and never cared to read over it. 

It looks like you think its overrated but you like the game almost all about it so I dont understand you quite well.  Maybe Im confused. Sorry.

My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 74 of 94 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Feb 22, 2014
I never said overrated meant bad. Overrated means that people say that the game is better than it is. It's still a really good game hut not the best game ever asmany ppeople act like it is.
Message 75 of 94 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 22, 2014

far-zan wrote:
I never said overrated meant bad. Overrated means that people say that the game is better than it is. It's still a really good game hut not the best game ever asmany ppeople act like it is.

Okay now I understand you. Thank you.

Message 76 of 94 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5648 posts

Feb 23, 2014

darkforcegod wrote:

CptKirby wrote:

sertyla wrote:

TLOU was the most overrated game of the last year. It was boring, the ending sucked, and its based on a over-used theme. Zombies...

The only complaint you have that has an argument basis to stand on is the ending. The other two are purely personal preference.

Thank You. 

My Father is the same way. He doesn't like any fantastic or scifi backgrounds in the plots he reads or watches, he only likes following historical or realistic plots........or James Bond lol. At least he doesn't rag on the genres he doesn't like.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 77 of 94 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3820 posts

Feb 23, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

JohnKarnes wrote:

CptKirby wrote:

lolthetitle'realgamer'

JohnKarnes wrote:

I am also catching up on the TLOU and Beyond two Souls of PS3.

lolbeyondtwosouls

Whats wrong with Beyond two Souls? Care to explain your lack of humor? Grow up please.

The plot was terrible with countless plotholes, Aiden's powers were outrageously incontinent (well, it is a David Cage game), and gave a terrible message in the last scene with Dafoe.

Just because a "game" is dedicated to plot with Hollywood actors does not mean the plot is going to be good. David Cage has a terrible track record on this too. Maybe you need to grow up and actually pay attention to what you're playing/watching.

TL;DR

Thank You that's much better than a lol statement. I understand now your comment is more at the game and my lack of knowledge about the quality of it. I did pick it up on Ebay for $14.00. I thought I would give it a look because some liked it a lot. Sorry for the "grow up' thing and yes I should grow up and not have used it. I do pay more attention when buying games new and full or sale price. But hay I bought Duke Nukem Forever for $5 used and Aliens Colonial Marines CE new for the statue at game stop for $9.99. I may never finish any of them. But I have tried bad food just to spit it out many times. Thanks for the reply.

Some people play games and call it work!  Some play a game and call them self a gamer. Some play lots of games and call them self gamer. Bottom line is it really don't matter what you call yourself. Entertainment seekers YES lets go with that name.Smiley Happy

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 78 of 94 (55 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5648 posts

Feb 23, 2014

Damnit! I spelled "inconsistent" wrong.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 79 of 94 (51 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2007 posts

Feb 23, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

sertyla wrote:

- "Boring" is one of the most subjective complaints I have ever seen in any form of entertainment. Almost everything that I know of that is considered good by consensus has has called "boring" by dissenters. The Godfather, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Memento to name a few.

- The ending sucked? Were you expecting a "Happily ever after?" Let me ask seriously ask, did you think the ending of District 9 or The Road also sucked?

- Having an overused genre does not make a story any less good or bad. It's just as you describe it; overused.

Was I supposed to cry at the ending or something then? The only thing the game had right was the multiplayer.

One Time "Face Of WWE" champion, 12-07-14 to 12-28-14
Message 80 of 94 (46 Views)
0 Likes