Fender Bender
3240 posts

Re: Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

Feb 22, 2014

I consider anyone who picks up a controller, phone or other a gamer when they are in fact playing a game. There are different forms of gamers but they are all gamers none the less.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 51 of 94 (226 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4172 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2014

CptKirby wrote:

lolthetitle'realgamer'

JohnKarnes wrote:

I am also catching up on the TLOU and Beyond two Souls of PS3.

lolbeyondtwosouls

Whats wrong with Beyond two Souls? Care to explain your lack of humor? Grow up please.

Lets go with this - Urbanddictionary: True Gamer

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=True%20Gamer

I Enjoy Gaming I don't hate anything about it!
The reason to buy a NEW console is to play NEW Games not old ones.
Message 52 of 94 (226 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Akirasolid wrote:

I consider anyone who picks up a controller, phone or other a gamer when they are in fact playing a game. There are different forms of gamers but they are all gamers none the less.

Yep, there is no need to be elitist on this. People think of "real" or "hardcore" gamers and make it sound like such a big deal, I don't know what there is need to create tiers between us.

Message 53 of 94 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2014

thefisrtofus wrote:

Most of people i know play FPSs Multiplayer. They barely even touch it MP. And when i come and tell them how beautiful TLoU is, they are like why don't you play COD. You are not a real gamer.
I just don't get why people don't like single player. I believe most beautiful stories can be told through games, they make you feel and care for a character. And even if some do play, they skip the cutscenes. It's really bizzare!
They don't even buy third person games.
And games like COD are garbage, its the same game over and over and over again.
I have seen people who play GTA only for driving **bleep** cars. They don't even play any mission!!!
I had just bought one COD and then i was done with it.

Edit: title, for clarity

I only play FPS games for multiplayer. But, I LOVE games with single player especially JRPGs and any other games that tell fantastic stores just like how you mentioned TLoU. Those people saying that you're not a real gamer are immature and ignorant to the fact that the last couple generations of gaming started off with single player as the main focus. I can easily sell CoD and Battlefield, but I'll keep games that made a huge impact on me (FFX, NieR, Kingdom Hearts, etc.).

Message 54 of 94 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 22, 2014
But mobile gamers really don't come in the gamers list. You don't play subway surfer and call yourself the lord of gaming.
Message 55 of 94 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 22, 2014
I guess the incredible sales that COD manage to achieve despite its "marvelous" innovative gameplay year after year is just because of the "real hardcore casual" gamers behind them. They are as loyal as Aresnie to Aresnel.
Message 56 of 94 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 22, 2014

thefisrtofus wrote:
No i don't say i don't like FP person games. What pisses me is that people think if u don't play CODs MP, you do nothing.

That is exactly the problem right there. People see COD like the salvation from the devil.  They think that COD is the best video game that has ever touch consoles and PCs.  Its not. Im not saying I hate it or it is the worst game but is not a MASTERPIECE.  

I love games because of their story and many people tell me that why I care so much about the story.  I care because it makes me feel in there with the game I get involved somehow and that makes me happy.  I love story games like TLoU, God of War, Resident Evil, Metal Gear all of them, and probably will love the ones that are coming soon for PS4.  I like FPS but I consider that BF and COD are not the best stories and the best games in the planet NO NO no sir. 

Those are my 2 cents and sorry for any of you that may feel bad about it. 

LifeStyle Ambassador Program.
My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 57 of 94 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

Sounds like you've got some ignorant friends.

Now, there is a difference between casual, hardcore, and professional though, but that's sort of a different discussion altogether.

Yes that is a different thing and it should go on another thread.  But it will lead to "social massacre" on the forums because of the many people that call themselves hardcore and then another ones says he is not and they keep going endlesly.

My Youtube Channel. Subscribe here. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4u4grBAukysjm2j8f44VLw
Message 58 of 94 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2023 posts

Feb 22, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

Anyways who wants to play some COD!

For real I like alien mode, but hate playing with high levels as they leave me nothing to kill.

I'm about level 17 or something and play on PS3.

Lets do some "real gaming" gamers!

I'm for serious though, add me on PSN.

Extinction mode is the only MP mode that I really like on COD Ghosts. The Single Player was good but that is one time only play. The MP sucks and the Squad I have not played it much.   I would like to keep playing Ghosts but I dont want to spend 50 bucks on the Season Pass because what I only care about is the Extintcion Maps.

Message 59 of 94 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5912 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

CptKirby wrote:

lolthetitle'realgamer'

JohnKarnes wrote:

I am also catching up on the TLOU and Beyond two Souls of PS3.

lolbeyondtwosouls

Whats wrong with Beyond two Souls? Care to explain your lack of humor? Grow up please.

The plot was terrible with countless plotholes, Aiden's powers were outrageously incontinent (well, it is a David Cage game), and gave a terrible message in the last scene with Dafoe.

Just because a "game" is dedicated to plot with Hollywood actors does not mean the plot is going to be good. David Cage has a terrible track record on this too. Maybe you need to grow up and actually pay attention to what you're playing/watching.

TL;DR

http://www.youtube.com/user/cptkrby kirby photo ROFLkirby.png
Message 60 of 94 (188 Views)
0 Likes