First Son
8 posts

Re: Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

Feb 21, 2014

First and foremost..  COD has gone down hill since the release of mw2.  but lets be clear this wasnt because the franchise did not have potential. Activision itself has become a problem with quite a few great title franchises. COD much like other games that has been taken over by activision and then mercilessly gutted to make a quick buck.  People who tell you that you are not a true gamer because you are too intelligent to smash your head into a brick wall repeatedly all day long are a part of the problem.  True gamers play all kinds of games.  Hell I still play battle toads and tetris.. I even beat ff7 again just for nostalgia's sake. I played diablo 2 yesterday and bf4 later that evening.  The problem today is that most games focus on flashy effects and cheap multiplayer gimmicks to sell games.  very few game developers are commited to giving a game a great story line and a part of their soul when they create it.  and it shows. keep your head up and keep playing games because you enjoy them. dont worry about the adolescent idiots who play stupid **bleep** fps mp for 10 hours a day.  especially COD those games are garbage.

Message 21 of 94 (163 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9865 posts

Feb 21, 2014

There are many gamers who enjoys the single player experience, I like single player, and I barley play any game in online multiplayer, I like the stories and overall single player experience, I also don't normally like FPS game, there are some exceptions, but not many. To answer the question, any person who plays video games is a real gamer, and as I said there are a lot of gamers who enjoys the single player expierence as well.

Message 22 of 94 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Sounds like you've got some ignorant friends.

Now, there is a difference between casual, hardcore, and professional though, but that's sort of a different discussion altogether.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 23 of 94 (159 Views)
Gaming Beast
2275 posts

Feb 21, 2014
You may think that way but black ops 2 is a beast my 55 kills in team death 1 time was amazing it actually recorded games by itself
Won the ps4 From taco bell!
eGe EV][L GA/\/\][NG E/\/\P][RE
Message 24 of 94 (152 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
628 posts

Feb 21, 2014
People like this are the reason why companies like Irrational Games get shut down, yet Call of Duty gets it's annual copy-and-paste game yearly. That ignorant mindset is truly a cancer to gaming as a whole, it makes me sick.
Message 25 of 94 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3825 posts

Feb 21, 2014

People who only play FPS are more of "gamie's" than gamers. I know it takes skill and precision to play FPS. But sticking to a single type of game is something I don't want to ever do again! I played the MMO wow for 8 years, sure I played a few other games but just very little and went back to WarCraft. I missed so much and started thinking about my game time before wow. I started playing more on my PS3. The announcement of the PS4 pulled me back. I play everything from Skylanders swapforce to Killzone on my PS4 now. I am also catching up on the TLOU and Beyond to Souls of PS3.

Being tagged with a Label like "gamer" is not important. What is, is that you enjoy your entertainment. You have a passion for it and love to share it with everyone. If you good at FPS don't just brag about how good you are. Show people with hints and tips to become better themselves. You will be remember and looked up to a more and longer!! The real winners are the one's that have the most fun and enjoyment. Not the most kills or trophies.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 26 of 94 (137 Views)
Sackboy
446 posts

Feb 21, 2014

All my friends will tell you (if you ask) that I'm a real gamer even if I'm not a fan of FPS games. I like FPS games, but I'm not a fan!

Hockey games are my favorites, I'm also a fan of games like Assassin Creed, Watch dogs...

Message 27 of 94 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2098 posts

Feb 21, 2014
Cod ghost single player and mp sucks
Message 28 of 94 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Quite the opposite.

Even Infinity Ward has publicly stated that COD players are not even really gamers in a real sense.

A gamer plays games, most people who play COD only play COD, and as such do not qualify as actual gamers, but more just casuals, like the moms who play facebook games, they arent what I consider gamers.

Also imo a gamer is someone who enjoys the tech and evolution of gaming as a whole.  

the stagnation of the cod series as a whole demonstrates these people oppose the advancement of gaming as a whole and essentially just own a single game which gets new map packs every year for $60-$120.

Dont take my word for it:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=cod+players+are+not+real+gamers&oq=cod+players+are+not+real+gamers&aq...

So next time your friends want to frag you for not playing COD, just explain your too hardcore, lol.

Cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 29 of 94 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Feb 21, 2014

waynefiend wrote:
If you play any kind of video game then you are considered a gamer. Just because someone plays a different game than what you play doesn't make them no better or more of a gamer than the next person.

I know right?

My mom is a hardcore gamer, she loves candy crush.......

Thats the same as the people playing in Betas, giving feedback to game developers on mechanic balancing/etc.

Right?

And my gramma dont get me started, her majong skills would pwn your .....  Hardest of the hardcore gamers!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 30 of 94 (124 Views)
0 Likes