Feb 21 2014
By: thefisrtofus Sackboy 480 posts

Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

[ Edited ]
93 replies 969 views Edited Feb 21, 2014

Most of people i know play FPSs Multiplayer. They barely even touch it MP. And when i come and tell them how beautiful TLoU is, they are like why don't you play COD. You are not a real gamer.
I just don't get why people don't like single player. I believe most beautiful stories can be told through games, they make you feel and care for a character. And even if some do play, they skip the cutscenes. It's really bizzare!
They don't even buy third person games.
And games like COD are garbage, its the same game over and over and over again.
I have seen people who play GTA only for driving **bleep** cars. They don't even play any mission!!!
I had just bought one COD and then i was done with it.

Edit: title, for clarity

Message 1 of 94 (969 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Re: Do people who like FPS are the only "real gamers"?

Feb 21, 2014
I like single player games with good story lines better than fps aswell , we probably are the limited number but any real gamer would like all sorts of games . Got bio shock on ps plus for free and must say I wouldn't of gone out and bought it but it has been very good , so I think u should always stray outside ur comfort zone aswell .
Message 2 of 94 (966 Views)
Survivor
2729 posts

Re: Do people who like FPS are the only "real gamers"?

Feb 21, 2014

heck no bro, those gamers are disease to the gaming to me, as huge socom fan i find it very annoying third person shooters  get no love from the industry know days.

also,  WHAT THE FUDGE IS SOO  FUN ABOUT.... 

RESPAWN 

RESPAWN 

RESPAWN

BURNING THE PATH WILL ONLY LEAD TO MORE STORMS
Message 3 of 94 (956 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Re: Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

Feb 21, 2014
If you play any kind of video game then you are considered a gamer. Just because someone plays a different game than what you play doesn't make them no better or more of a gamer than the next person.
Message 4 of 94 (948 Views)
Gaming Beast
2142 posts

Feb 21, 2014
A "Real" gamer in my opinion, is one who takes a chance on multiple games. Not being focused around one single game or brand.
I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 5 of 94 (932 Views)
Sackboy
480 posts

Feb 21, 2014
No i don't say i don't like FP person games. What pisses me is that people think if u don't play CODs MP, you do nothing.
Message 6 of 94 (929 Views)
Fender Bender
4330 posts

Feb 21, 2014

Nah, Real gamers or I would say a true gamer knows how to play and plans a strategy, either in SP or MP. Most of real games plays single-player game depends on their choice, and when it comes in MP, they don't rant like other noobs claiming they're dominating. I was like that.

Gran Turismo Fan | Love Live Fan | PC Technician

Gran Turismo 7 Suggestions

Message 7 of 94 (924 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Nope. They're in no way the real gamers. I adore single p...

Feb 21, 2014

Nope. They're in no way the real gamers. I adore single player and I rarely play Multiplayer.

Single player games have a great artistic value in their graphics, storytelling, narration, cutscenes, everything.

It's just that a lot of people don't have or just aren't willing to invest time in stories, like those who used to skip all cutscense in PS1 and PS2 games when there wasn't any online gaming, back then. Some just wanna shoot some monsters or enemies and be done with it.

Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer | WWW.RINOTHEBOUNCER.COM | Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer
Message 8 of 94 (917 Views)
Lombax Warrior
167 posts

Feb 21, 2014
If you like playing video games a lot your a gamer. I don't think it should what type of game you play. Games are games, some are just better than others.
PSN: RedPats

Message 9 of 94 (908 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Feb 21, 2014

A real gamer is a sentient being that exists on this physical plane, and uses a portion of that existence playing video games.  Period.

If you want to debate the level "truth" of any self-proclamation of that designator, you're reading too much into our culture.  Also, our culture of gaming has suffered enough ostracization over the last 35+ years.  Do we really need to segregate ourselves?

Grindhead_Jim

Message 10 of 94 (906 Views)