Keyblade Wielder
10118 posts

Re: Are people who like FPS the only "real gamers"?

Feb 28, 2014

Pinktoe_ wrote:
What is a gamer?
It's anyone that plays video games...

Thought it was obiouse lol

You have to be obeise to be a gamer?

I'm pretty skinny so I will settle for a title of Game Quality Confirmerizer, with several addittional Enjoyerator duties.

But still I bring up my grandma who plays crib or Rummy.  

Those are games arent they?  If any video game makes you a gamer, why not any game?

Then we get into the hardcore gamers, aka "Core" gamers.  You could be a Core COD player while not being a hardcore gamer.

Game being the general term to imply not a single specific title only.  Other wise it is a core player of that title.

Then we get to games which are by design very casual.  Meant to be played on mobile phones and with cards.  Games like solitaire and go fish do not a gamer make, whether they real card games or digital versions of these casual games.

The popularity of the title can affect the title of the player.  Being very mainstream and "trendy" can turn a hardcore game into more of a social and thereby casual experience.  See the evolution of COD and BF for examples.  BF still being transitional at this point.

In my mind a gamer is simply one who loves the fun of gaming in multiple flavors, and yes that can include but not be limited to casual games like COD/solitaire/go fish/etc.

If you used to play lots of games, now just play one, you transitioned from a gamer to a core player.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 91 of 94 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5444 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
What is a gamer?
It's anyone that plays video games...

Thought it was obiouse lol

You have to be obeise to be a gamer?

I'm pretty skinny so I will settle for a title of Game Quality Confirmerizer, with several addittional Enjoyerator duties.

I think he missplled "obvious."

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 92 of 94 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 28, 2014

I've never been a fan of FPS games because they seem unrealistic to begin with.  I look at a FPS as someone with a box over their head because it only offers tunnel vision of what is happening and no peripheral vision, so you can get shot or stabbed by someone who just walked right next to you and not know until it's too late.  The third person games are more enjoyable because it lets you see a character and their face to give them more depth than a TV on wheels (thanks Wreck-It Ralph).  Games like Fallout or Elder Scrolls are great because you have the choice to choose which view you want, and I found that the first person view is best for precision while third person is better for exploration and combat (don't want a Death Claw running up behind you).  As far as being a "real gamer" that is irrelevant because when I started playing video games the only FPS anyone could play at home was Duck Hunt.  I'm a lifetime hardcore gamer, doesn't get much more "real" than that.

Message 93 of 94 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5444 posts

Feb 28, 2014

Wildfire4984 wrote:

I've never been a fan of FPS games because they seem unrealistic to begin with.  I look at a FPS as someone with a box over their head because it only offers tunnel vision of what is happening and no peripheral vision, so you can get shot or stabbed by someone who just walked right next to you and not know until it's too late.  The third person games are more enjoyable because it lets you see a character and their face to give them more depth than a TV on wheels (thanks Wreck-It Ralph). 

TPS also make it easier to camp.

FPSs with bad peripheral vision is at the fault of game design and it's gotten worse over the years. PC gamers in particular have specially angry at this.

photo freecomms_zpsa50e6e82.jpg
Message 94 of 94 (108 Views)
0 Likes