Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 23 2014
By: remanutd5 PlayStation MVP 6992 posts

Are PS Vita Game Loading Times Too Long?

[ Edited ]
3 replies 340 views Edited Jan 23, 2014

Hey guys does anyone else feel like the psvita software loading times are too long? I think they are too long, i mean the whole point of portable gaming is quick sessions  dont you agree? Well trying to play games like Killzone Mercenary or Resistance Burning Skies for a quick 10-15 minutes bus/train ride is a pain, you have to wait for the initial loading times and on top of that there is no way to skip cutscenes so where is the portabily factor on them? i mean ios/android games can be play almost immediately after initial loading, keep it mind im not trying to compare  those games with more in depth vita games, i just think something can be done to improve vita software loading times or the ability for the system to instantly recognize your wifi network, why do we have to wait to use wifi when everything is set up already?  I mean i know im nitpicking a lot here but something needs to change to improve vita's sales and subsequently vita's software support. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1913 posts

Re: Are PS Vita Game Loading Times Too Long?

Jan 23, 2014
I don't mind them, but I usually leave my game open so I just pick it up and I'm going.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11074 posts

Re: Psvita games loading times

Jan 23, 2014

Load times on the Vita games are essentially on the same level as those of PlayStation 3 games (or PlayStation 4 games, if there is a counterpart available on all three). When loading up the Vita version of a game in comparison to the PlayStation 3 edition (for example), you'll see the same screens as you would on your home version.

This of course depends on the game and how it might have changed. For instance, the PlayStation 3 version of Plants vs. Zombies (which was published in 2011) has a slightly different loadup screen than what it does now. The Vita game, which was published in the following year, was adjusted a bit after Electronic Arts purchased the developer, PopCap. Both games take about as long to load up between the Sony Entertainment Online/PopCap logo to the loading stream of the grass rolling outward.

Some games though won't burden you with as many unskippable company logos and whatnot. Limbo is another game I've played on the Vita, which gets you into the game a bit quicker. Like I said, it all depends on the game and what the game companies have done with the title as far as how easily it is to get from starting up the game to the time before you're able to play it.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (320 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6992 posts

Re: Psvita games loading times

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

Load times on the Vita games are essentially on the same level as those of PlayStation 3 games (or PlayStation 4 games, if there is a counterpart available on all three). When loading up the Vita version of a game in comparison to the PlayStation 3 edition (for example), you'll see the same screens as you would on your home version.

This of course depends on the game and how it might have changed. For instance, the PlayStation 3 version of Plants vs. Zombies (which was published in 2011) has a slightly different loadup screen than what it does now. The Vita game, which was published in the following year, was adjusted a bit after Electronic Arts purchased the developer, PopCap. Both games take about as long to load up between the Sony Entertainment Online/PopCap logo to the loading stream of the grass rolling outward.

Some games though won't burden you with as many unskippable company logos and whatnot. Limbo is another game I've played on the Vita, which gets you into the game a bit quicker. Like I said, it all depends on the game and what the game companies have done with the title as far as how easily it is to get from starting up the game to the time before you're able to play it.

This is exactly what i'm trying to say, vita software isnt exactly designed with portability in mind but more of a console experience on the go, ps3/ps4 arent portable devices meant to be played on quick sessions, i think sony should look into improving loading times on vita software, if you dont have the exact game you wanna play on your bus/train ride to work,gym or home it can get somewhat frustrating  waiting for minutes to play a quick session, we shouldnt wait to use wifi or friends list either, well thats how i feel anyways, is just me trying to give an idea on how to improve the vita besides the obvious ones(memory card prices,exclusive AAA titles, online multiplayer games)

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (313 Views)
0 Likes