Big Daddy
16824 posts

Re: April Plus Preview - Demon's Souls and More

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

bamahollis88 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

bamahollis88 wrote:

Looks like a terrible update for me. The only thing that looks like it might be good is Malicious, and maybe Zombie tycoon but Ill have to try it before i can make a final decision. I already have Demon souls, and it is the worst game in my collection, people are going to love it or hate it, i just couldn't get into it because it doesn't have any real story, which is half the fun in a RPG. So for me EU wins another month of PS+, its funny how they always get better stuff.

Demon Souls is not an RPG.... its a Dungeon Crawler.... Ever heard of Dungeons & Dragons? Its like that.... there is no story/plotline.... 

Then why did it win a lot of difernt awards for being an RPG, also i dont think you know what an RPG is or you dont know what DnD is.

here is the fist sentence of the DnD wiki page

"Dungeons & Dragons (abbreviated as D&D[1] or DnD) is a fantasy, role-playing game (RPG) originally designed by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, and first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc."

Sad when you can't recognize someone whose being facetious or sarcastic, some might say whimsical....

sheldonfakesmile

Furiously Chaosing
Message 31 of 72 (331 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 2, 2013

D-D-Demons Souls? This brings back some awful memories

go-crazy-o.gif

Message 32 of 72 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Defenders of Mediocrity rejoice!!! Last month was but a fluke. Now it is april---Back to the Crap
Message 33 of 72 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2547 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Zombie Tycoon 2 is on the list! Smiley Happy Thanks for saving me money again Sony. I also appreciate Soul Caliber PSP, Malicious and Labyrinth Legends. All of which I wanted to get but never did. I love it when this happens. Now all I need is PS+ to extend the hours in a day and I'll be set.
 photo IMG_0586_zps94omlljp.jpg
Message 34 of 72 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Demon's Souls is a real treat.  Its the best ARPG I have ever seen.

But beware it can be very difficult, if you get discouraged easily dont even bother.

Took me 7 hours of trying to complete the first part of the first level.

Once you learn the combat timing and what each enemy does it gets easier.

If having a real hard time, restart the game as a magic class.  Way, way, way easier as a magic class then melee class.

But the real fun is using melee classes and dieing constantly.  You still get magic eventually, just have to find it and earn it.

Cheers.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 35 of 72 (257 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

DS is a great addition to IGC, but I think many of us already own this game. I hope the newcomers are gonna enjoy this hard piece of work. ^__^. And thanks for some small psn games maybe I'll enjoy some of them. I'd like to see next week's discounts, hope will be some on Konami , EA , 2K or Capcom franchises.

Message 36 of 72 (250 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Demon's Souls

Apr 2, 2013

I was just wondering exactly when its gonna be made free for PS+ Members, everything i can find says today, but when i go to the Playstation store, there is no update on it

Message 37 of 72 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Apr 2, 2013

bamahollis88 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

bamahollis88 wrote:

Looks like a terrible update for me. The only thing that looks like it might be good is Malicious, and maybe Zombie tycoon but Ill have to try it before i can make a final decision. I already have Demon souls, and it is the worst game in my collection, people are going to love it or hate it, i just couldn't get into it because it doesn't have any real story, which is half the fun in a RPG. So for me EU wins another month of PS+, its funny how they always get better stuff.

Demon Souls is not an RPG.... its a Dungeon Crawler.... Ever heard of Dungeons & Dragons? Its like that.... there is no story/plotline.... 

Then why did it win a lot of difernt awards for being an RPG, also i dont think you know what an RPG is or you dont know what DnD is.

here is the fist sentence of the DnD wiki page

"Dungeons & Dragons (abbreviated as D&D[1] or DnD) is a fantasy, role-playing game (RPG) originally designed by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, and first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc."

Dont worry about the forum correctness police, LOL.  Live to try and make someone else seem wrong until you jam the truth down their troats so hard its unavoidable, LOL.

But yeah Demon's Souls is a RPG for sure, actually normally called an Action Role Playing Game or ARPG.

This does not mean its not a dungeon crawler, because it is.

People forget RPG just implies a game where you Play the Role of someone else, generally fantasy based.

Some people think RPG's need some other criteria, but they really dont.   (GoW is a ARPG too)

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 38 of 72 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12313 posts

Re: Demon's Souls

Apr 2, 2013

Soon!

Sometime between now and midnight!!!

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 39 of 72 (241 Views)
First Son
14 posts

Re: Demon's Souls

Apr 2, 2013
Is this month's update an April Fool's joke? So Europe gets Okami HD, and we get a bunch of crap and 4 year old games. Great!

I wanted Okami HD! Shame on you Sony, shame on you.
Message 40 of 72 (235 Views)
0 Likes