Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Re: April Plus Preview - Demon's Souls and More

Apr 2, 2013

bamahollis88 wrote:

Looks like a terrible update for me. The only thing that looks like it might be good is Malicious, and maybe Zombie tycoon but Ill have to try it before i can make a final decision. I already have Demon souls, and it is the worst game in my collection, people are going to love it or hate it, i just couldn't get into it because it doesn't have any real story, which is half the fun in a RPG. So for me EU wins another month of PS+, its funny how they always get better stuff.

Demon Souls is not an RPG.... its a Dungeon Crawler.... Ever heard of Dungeons & Dragons? Its like that.... there is no story/plotline.... 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 21 of 72 (261 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15664 posts

Apr 2, 2013

This is good news for me. I was looking at Demon Souls for a purchase.

With all these Vita games coming out.... I may just have to buy a Vita

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 22 of 72 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Totally. I'm now thinking about getting a PS Vita, myself too. Lots to do just by subscribing to PS+. Awesome. :smileyhappy:
Killzone-Shadow-Fall-Edit
Message 23 of 72 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 2, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

bamahollis88 wrote:

Looks like a terrible update for me. The only thing that looks like it might be good is Malicious, and maybe Zombie tycoon but Ill have to try it before i can make a final decision. I already have Demon souls, and it is the worst game in my collection, people are going to love it or hate it, i just couldn't get into it because it doesn't have any real story, which is half the fun in a RPG. So for me EU wins another month of PS+, its funny how they always get better stuff.

Demon Souls is not an RPG.... its a Dungeon Crawler.... Ever heard of Dungeons & Dragons? Its like that.... there is no story/plotline.... 

Then why did it win a lot of difernt awards for being an RPG, also i dont think you know what an RPG is or you dont know what DnD is.

here is the fist sentence of the DnD wiki page

"Dungeons & Dragons (abbreviated as D&D[1] or DnD) is a fantasy, role-playing game (RPG) originally designed by Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson, and first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc."

Message 24 of 72 (245 Views)
Sackboy
551 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Demon's Souls does have a storyline, but it is not thrust at you like most games.  You must explore the game, talk to NPCs, and pay attention to item descriptions to fill in the gaps.  RP simply means role-playing, which makes RPG a broad term.  Some people think that only turn-based games, such as Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger are RPGs, but this isn't the case.  Demon's Souls is an action RPG.

Message 25 of 72 (239 Views)
Survivor
2818 posts

Apr 2, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Demon's Souls does have a storyline, but it is not thrust at you like most games.  You must explore the game, talk to NPCs, and pay attention to item descriptions to fill in the gaps.  RP simply means role-playing, which makes RPG a broad term.  Some people think that only turn-based games, such as Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger are RPGs, but this isn't the case.  Demon's Souls is an action RPG.

Yep, yep and yep. Well said.

Demon's Souls kicked my butt when I played it. Great game. Everyone should try it.

Only two games I'm interested in this month; Labyrinth Legends and Malicious. That's good because my back log is insane right now.

Message 26 of 72 (231 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11174 posts

Apr 2, 2013

At first I'd have reason to hang myself with Demon's Souls being the "main" game this month. Definitely not a good RPG (which I've already bought in the past). But then I see games like Malicious on there, which I kind of wanted to try and of course Labyrinth Legends, which I really wanted to buy. So all in all there's a bright side to every downside, at least sometimes. :smileywink:

Message 27 of 72 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Apr 2, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Awesome month for PS3 owners.

Horrible month for Vita owners.

Vita:
-Zombie Tycoon 2: Cross-Buy/Play titles should NOT count as the big Vita IGC for the month. Very disappointing. Wish we got MGS HD like EU or even Zero Escape. Something Vita-only, not what PS3 gets.
-Soul Calibur Broken Destiny: While Soul Calibur is my favorite fighter franchise, who actually thought it'd be a good idea to give a PSP fighter two months in a row?? (we just got Tekken 6 last month). Yeah, I'll probably delete Tekken 6 and just play this instead, but still, pretty stupid addition.

100% agree with you here 

I know that many people happy about this ps+ update but for me I feel this is another disappointing update , I know there are people love fighter games but what about those who don't like fighting games and are waiting for another type of games? getting 2 fighting games in a row is not fun lol, not only me but I know there are many people feel the same way ( and no I'm not whining , crying , complaining I'm just saying my opinion, I'm just disappointed that my plus was running from long time  and I can't find anything interesting for me ) well I guess once my ps+ finish I will wait for sometime before getting another ps+ ( lol I guess I will keep paying for ps+ for my little sister TBH she's happy with it on her ps3 and her new PSV and if I don't pay for it she will call me evil brother lol you gotta love your lil sister :smileytongue: )

Message 28 of 72 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Apr 2, 2013

To think I just brought The Walking Dead when I could've waited and saved money. Oh well, at least that money went towards the $50 for $10 back thing.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 29 of 72 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8695 posts

Apr 2, 2013

ChrisInfurna wrote:
Totally. I'm now thinking about getting a PS Vita, myself too. Lots to do just by subscribing to PS+. Awesome. :smileyhappy:

do what?

all we get are old PSP fighting games :smileyindifferent:

why not just buy a PSP?

~Fighting the Good Fight~
Message 30 of 72 (192 Views)
0 Likes