First Son
2 posts

Re: Anyone ready for PSone classics and "GOOD" PSN titles yet?

May 15, 2012

Unless.... Someone is reading this from champaign il area, plays magic the gathering, and is willing to do an even swap. My PS Vita 3G AND HSG... For eight (two playsets) of Cavern of Souls... If interested, just pm me

Message 11 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2213 posts

May 16, 2012

BigJosh23 wrote:

SOON?  What does that mean?  That's all I can ever get out of a PS rep or find on the net regarding the availability of PSonce classics and GOOD PSN titles.  My PS3 has tons of games that "should" be compatable, but Playstation reps give the ol' "its new hardware."  So does that mean the Sony didn't try ahead of launch to give us a good library of games.  Well I'm and RPG fan and I have all the FF games, Castlevania SOTN, and such that I would like to play on my Vita, which at this moment is collecting dust since beating the few games I wanted came out.  Replayability is what sells for games and RPG's know how to deliver.  Also not to mention NONE of the PSN titles I have bought over the years a transferable to the vita either.  I love Renegade Ops and Dead Nation and can't enjoy them on my artifact, uh I mean Vita.  Come on Sony and give us a better answer than "SOON!"  Or pretty "SOON" their customer base is gonna shrink more like their Vita game library.  Afterall if these PSN classics can play on the old PSP then surely the devs could have made that avaiable for the Vita by now!

Um, no..  But I am ready for some VITA specific games...

Message 12 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
621 posts

May 16, 2012

now that youtube obession has died down.. it looks like the new obession is Ps1 classics...

I am all for Ps1 Classics... but if they are taking there time with it, to better the Vita game library.. then I would rather have the Vita games first and foremost.

Photobucket

Message 13 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

May 16, 2012

i want to play some crash bandicoot. good - no, great! memories

Message 14 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
215 posts

May 16, 2012

I want more games, but not some gimmicky touch-screen kiddie crap. We have 3ds cornering THAT market. I don't think it would be a bad move to make future psn ps2 games available for both ps3 AND Vita (providing the game didn't require use of 4 shoulder buttons).

Message 15 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11010 posts

May 16, 2012

4 shoulder buttons isn't an issue, even.  Remote Play automatically maps R2, R3, L2 and L3 to the rear touchpad.  I don't see why software (games) couldn't do the same.

Just because some games utilize the touch screen does not automatically make them kiddie games.  Quite honestly, I felt like the touch-based QTEs in Uncharted: Golden Abyss made a lot more sense than the random button press QTEs most games use.  With button based QTEs, you are often forced to press the jump button for a punch, and then the heavy attack button to jump out of the way.  WTF is up with that?  At least with swipe control, your punch or dodge make sense, and fit well with the visuals on the screen (and you can often guess what you need to do next - something you can't do when the game is prompting you for completely arbitrary button mashes).

There are games on iOS that prove that touch controls can work well for a game, if properly implemented.  Infinity Blade, Dark Meadow and Bard's Tale are some that I am enjoying a lot.  LostWinds may target a younger audience, but it is a very good example of a relatively complex touch-based control scheme in an adventure game.  iOS is also chock full of quality RPGs.

Message 16 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

May 16, 2012

its you whose killing the vita market. haha nah jk.  i agree tho cause with uncharted the swipes felt almost natural in drakes movements. move left, swipe left. move right, swipe right. punch, swipe towards. uppercut, swipe towards and up. again i was kidding about u killing the market.

Message 17 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes