Apr 27 2010
By: chandler419 Uncharted Territory 1755 posts

Anyone have experience with Gophermods

10 replies 1122 views Edited Apr 27, 2010

ok my system failed but its not YLOD i am 100% certain on that but i dont want to pay 200 bucks to repair it so should i send it to gophermods.

I want your feed back on the speed and quality of work they did to your system and how long did it last.

Check out my clan at shadowcompanyhq.com, tell them I sent you Photobucket
Message 1 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

Re: Anyone have experience with Gophermods

Apr 27, 2010
there repair is not permanent for 1 its just a reflow

but theyll do what they say fix it and return it fast

1 piece of advice if u do send it make sure u pack it real good use a big box with alot of stuffing in it

knightsgamming would be a better choice with there reball option more of a better fix but they want 200$
Message 2 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5251 posts

Apr 27, 2010
I was very happy with their service.
Message 3 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
611 posts

Apr 28, 2010

I am wondering this myself. I am sitting here with a dead ps3 on my entertainment center. Second time happening to me, about the same time last year. I am not at all pleased. Sony sent a refurb and it fails.....my life-long hobby is beginning to become too expensive for me. I am thinking about trying out these guys, and since I'm living in the southern area of the us...I might stick a fan or something near my ps3 otherwise I believe it will be due for failure again.

Never have I had a system cause so many problems, I am a Sony fan since the PS1. I've been a gamer since the NES...before even. This is the ONLY time I've had a system fail due to usage.

$150 each time your system fails? Come on. I think that this gen of consoles needs to be re-worked. 360s failing, PS3s failing....Wii...not so much. I thought that the Slim took care of whatever problems the big PS3s had, but apparently not.

Maybe I am just frustrated, I don't know. But you have to admit that this is an upsetting situation for all of us who have had to deal with it.

Message 4 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Apr 28, 2010
Apparently it takes Sony a long time to make their repair fees in proportion to the cost of the console. Now that PS3 sell for $300-$350, the repair fees should range from $75-$115. I'm sure it will eventually come down, but the BC model repairs may remain high because of limited parts available...
Message 5 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1475 posts

Apr 28, 2010

We have paid a high Price for a "Threow -A-Way Society"

manufactures have begun manufacturing products that simply won't last any more.

and worse yett hey have become Lovers of Money with out regard for the people.

Case in point my GF and I ordered 2  x brand cell phone only to have one arive DOA . I called the company up and they were asking us to send them 120 bucks to replace it,

I told them wait I am a consumer I have rights you oofered a phone for free and now you sent me a DOA, none the less after standing my ground x company sent a said working phone.

What does this have to do with Sony?

Well, a great deal, jsut refuse a referbished model. I know it is more spendy, but in my expeoerence, refurbs are nothing but junk re-sold.

When I went to a ren to own type of company, I specically asked for a ealed box, What I got was just that.

I got 2 blue tooth controlers and a blue tooth remote a Formula One racing game and so forth total cost was  jsut over a grand.

These untis come in 2 boxes on is the main shipping box and one that contains the ps3 its self. all boxed up.

I have Yet to sit down and total it all up.

None the less, ther are some thins that one needs to ask them selves when they see an advertisement.

1 )Is the product right for me

2)What is this product advertisng?

4)What  are my rights as a consumer.

u really want to

I can say this Much , if Sony keeps stepping on the rights of consumers They WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS..

My advice is this.

Write a review on googl maps if you really want to be heard, here, they have the power to edit, delete, remove or do what ever they want.

if you write a review they have no control or power over that area.

SCEA’s decision to implement Update 3.21 placed Plaintiffs and Class members in a “Hobson’s Choice.” PS3 owners who chose not to install Update 3.21 could no longer access
many of the other important PS3 features including the PSN, the ability to play games online, the ability to access online features, or the ability to play newer PS3 games and/or Blu-ray discs that required Update 3.21. On the other hand, PS3 owners who did install Update 3.21 lost all access to the computer functionality of the PS3’s “Other OS” feature.
Message 6 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
611 posts

Apr 28, 2010
What upsets me (flashback) is that I still remember the time when you bought a console, and the only thing you had to worry about was having enough games to play. System failure? Maybe if you beat it with a bat or threw it out a window. I'm not even old, I'm 26. Now you so much as look at a console wrong and poof! When sony replaced my first failed unit, I was afraid to touch the thing for like a week. It shouldn't be like this fellow brothers. Clearly something is wrong, yet what do we do? We lay down and take it. We pay a ridiculous price for a refurbished replacement which is no doubt doomed for failure, and when it does....we do it again. Frustration......game withdrawal perhaps....
Message 7 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
611 posts

Apr 28, 2010
Can't seem to edit my post. Was going to add that I am waiting for Gophermods to email me my printing slip so I can ship my DOA ps3 off, but they are being slow. Getting slightly irritated....but it's only been about 30 minutes. Long enough for them to charge my card.
Message 8 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1240 posts

Apr 28, 2010

I used them. I just got my ps3 back a week ago and its running good. Price and service is definately alot better than Sony but the time it takes to get your console back varies depending on where you live. If you live close to Minnesota, its can take as little as 5 days but i live on the west coast and it took mine 4 days just to get there, 1 day for them to fix it and 4 days to get back. For me Sony was actually a little faster, but Sony also varies from a week to weeks, lol. It is true it is just a reflow which isnt permanent but can last quite awhile if you take good care of it. But at the same time Sonys refurbs are not permanent more than half the time either, from what i hear they have a higher fail rate than the original consoles. I think your best bet would be to fix it with gophermods and then sell it and put the money towards a slim or do the trade in with Sony where you pay i think $120 and they trade your broken ps3 in for a refurb slim..

Message 9 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

Apr 28, 2010

I just had my ps3 repaired by gophermods about the same time MaximA509 has his fixed. Got it back the same day he got his back. Mine came back damaged though, damn fedex. Man Mad

Message 10 of 11 (1,122 Views)
0 Likes