First Son
17 posts

Re: Anyone else wish Trophies were getting revamped with PS4?

May 30, 2013
I see what you all are saying, I guess to me, it just feels like youre not going anywhere, you know? You dont know what it takes to move up a level so wheres the fun in shooting for something you dont know what it is youre shooting for. Whereas a single number you move up up up is simple and immediate.
Message 41 of 55 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

May 30, 2013

TwoFive3 wrote:
How about just take the current trophy formula and have it spit out a number. I just want a number. I want a number per game and an overall point total that is a number. Numbers that I can watch go higher and higher. And have it displayed next to my name everytime I log on. Not some huge graph breaking down how many in each mineral, just one number, plain and simple.

I don't think many users would be in your favor for that. It would be exactly like achievements then.

Sure percentages are harder to track and see what difference a gold or platinum or bronze trophy makes to your score compared to gamerscores but why are you so obsessed with levels and not seeking fulfillment by trying to finish games anyways?

To many of my friends, and I don't speak for all PSN users but enough of them, that we all come to the understanding that its just a number. A meaningless value.

I'm a level 13. What does that exactly prove? That someone at level 14 is better than me because he hunts more trophies?

These skill cards are typically reserved for trophy hunters to keep track of their trophies and platinums, not as a basis of level segregation. If that what it ultimately comes down too, then trophies are more pointless than before and have lost true meaning.

Message 42 of 55 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 30, 2013

Thbis might help your confusion OP, if you are REALLY concerned with the math behind the trophies.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/PS3-Trophy-System-Explained/m-p/39366511/...

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 43 of 55 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
Thanks, but see, even in that thread there were people saying "oh, I had no idea how that worked". To me, thats just poor execution. And for what? Just to be different than xbox? Simple is better. I just want the PS4 to be better.
Message 44 of 55 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
Looking at your score, you can say hey Im about to break 10,000, or 20,000. Thats exciting. You look at PS and youre like, ok well I have to perform the sync operation first to get it to update, then, ah.....still at level 8......cant remember what I need to get to 9 or even how these translate into points again. Its just not as exciting.
Message 45 of 55 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Setzaroth wrote:

@ gadirok 

Starhawk? Who cares about starhawk? And who said anything about Battlefield 3? Just because you're average doesnt meen you need to try and belittle those that are REALLY good at something. And it being a "superficial achievement" is utterly your opinon, while the advent of professional gaming solidifies it is anything but that.

So I think you deserve a phrase I usually save for the children that bite at my heels in frothing anger online, but

GET GOOD KID.

img.cgi.jpg

You are on the playstation community boards yet you act like a little child with OCD over his virtual achivements that serve no meaning while yelling "daddy, daddy I got in the top 100 this week for Battlefield3111!1111"

And its funny you assume that I'm angry when I'm actually laughing at your insecurity over your score in BF3. Even funnier coming from someone who starts the game at August 29th 2012, almost a year past its launch and is gloating over accomplishing getting in the top 100 when the game began to signficantly head into its decline and you couldn't even muster enough courage to participate in the game at launch when attaining the top 100 may have actually meant something.

Really, if I joined a dead game now and "achieved" a rank in which I got in the top 100 would that really mean something when 1000 people play? Half of which are typical frat-boys who run in recklessly like cannon-fodder? 

Its funny that you belittle starhawk when the Playstation Community boards is host to the largest Starhawk community on the internet and dwarfs BF3 in comparison on these boards. So many people care about Starhawk, atleast on this board. It may not be as popular as battlefield 3, but despite that it definitely has more hardcore and intelligent gamers than the hundreds of thousands of drones like you out there.

Message 46 of 55 (109 Views)
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
I mean, which sounds iike youre getting somewhere, Im about to go over 50,000G or yea I made it to 6......
Message 47 of 55 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

Can you not read? I never said anything about battlefield 3. After you referenced it twice after I said in the post YOU QUOTED, I decided the rest was probably too stupid to worry about.  Courage? What courage does it take to play a game? For your information I didnt have access to a PS3 at the time of BF3 initial release...man your dumb, once again...never said anything about BF3. 

Speaking of dead games, when starhawk came out I was pretty high on the leaderboards as well...but I got bored of it really quick because it was not as good as warhawk in my opinion, and they kept nerfing things to cater to their whiny fan-base. Not to mention the campaign was terrible. But  I was mainly  be-littling starhawk because its unbalanced trash that will never see the light of day in the competative circuit.

Speaking of insecurities, i'd say the one cutting everyone else down is insecure.

man, poster of the weak quality was utterly plummited lately.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 48 of 55 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

May 30, 2013

TwoFive3 wrote:
Looking at your score, you can say hey Im about to break 10,000, or 20,000. Thats exciting. You look at PS and youre like, ok well I have to perform the sync operation first to get it to update, then, ah.....still at level 8......cant remember what I need to get to 9 or even how these translate into points again. Its just not as exciting.

The automatic sync takes no more than ten seconds and it can be turned off. Your level and the percentage is visible by simply checking your profile. Wheter you're at 50% on level X or at 15,000 points it's still the same thing. You're needlessly complicating things.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 49 of 55 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
How am I needlessly complicating it? You just named all the hoops needed to jump through to get all my stats and then you top it off with an it only takes 10 seconds to update argument? The fact you have to manually update your own score is crazy and is a product of poor design plain and simple.
Message 50 of 55 (85 Views)
0 Likes