First Son
17 posts

Re: Anyone else wish Trophies were getting revamped with PS4?

May 30, 2013
How many trophies are in each game?
Message 31 of 55 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

May 30, 2013

The only thing I wish for is the ability to delete game from the trophy list. Like those big fat zeros that you'll never play again and have no interest to. Or the game that have like 4% done and it turns out to be a crap game that you're never going to finish. let me get those out of my trophy list and I'll be good to go. On a related note I realise that is copying and all that and Sony would ctach a lot of crap from XB ppl, but a point system that you could use to cash in for PSN game would be nice too. Can you imagine having points w/ your trophies and having a PS+ discount?

Message 32 of 55 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 30, 2013

TwoFive3 wrote:

It varies. Usually in the 30 to 50 range for a full retail / blu-ray game.

Somewhere in the 30's, or less, for PSN games.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 33 of 55 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

TwoFive3 wrote:

It could go up to 100 too in the case of Uncharted 3, or close to it with LBP 2 but that arises from dlc and not all are necessary.

Message 34 of 55 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 30, 2013

Gadirok wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

TwoFive3 wrote:

It could go up to 100 too in the case of Uncharted 3, or close to it with LBP 2 but that arises from dlc and not all are necessary.

Yeah, I was just counting default / on-disc trophies. Not DLC.

@TwoFive3: You can still get a Platinum without having to buy the DLC.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 35 of 55 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
How about just take the current trophy formula and have it spit out a number. I just want a number. I want a number per game and an overall point total that is a number. Numbers that I can watch go higher and higher. And have it displayed next to my name everytime I log on. Not some huge graph breaking down how many in each mineral, just one number, plain and simple.
Message 36 of 55 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

May 30, 2013

HorrorGod wrote:

Gadirok wrote:

HorrorGod wrote:

TwoFive3 wrote:

Yeah, I was just counting default / on-disc trophies. Not DLC.

@TwoFive3: You can still get a Platinum without having to buy the DLC.

I think thats actually one of the highpoints about trophies. Not sure about gamerscore and Live in general with 1000s and if they correspond to platinums with or without the dlc, or they add additional values afterwards when dlc is added with new achievements. 

Platinums are great as dlc doesn't get in the way.

Message 37 of 55 (53 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
So when I look at a game and decide if I want to go for the extra stuff, it moves a total number not a % number until I get to the next level in my gamer level or whatever.
Message 38 of 55 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3198 posts

May 30, 2013

Gadirok wrote:

TwoFive3 wrote:

It seems to me Trophies and whatever algorithm went in to determining what level gamer you are was simply born out of trying to be different than Achievements.  I personally cannot stand trophies and wish just a standard point system would take its place.  I cannot hear the notification sound it makes (does it make a sound) and the bland non descript text box that shows up is pretty unsatisfying.  It shows up in the top right corner of the screen sort of out of the way and like no big deal.  Achievements hit with that unique loud unlocking sound and are center screen.  I think xbox really nailed it and was hoping PS4 would follow suit.  Drop down notifications worked great on Android, so Apple installs the EXACT thing on its iphones, no big deal.  Nobody gets hurt, we don't have to go out of our way to be different for the sake of being different.  Just give me a running total of every point Ive earned and lets keep going one game to the next.  Instead I have this dumb trophy collection that tells me nothing really.  They never inspire me to play or replay games differently like Achievements do.  Anyone else feel that way?

Well as much as people will deny it, trophies on PS3 were a plastered on feature from the very beginning, but its arguably become more popular than achievements and I often see more trophy hunters than achievement hunters. The "Platinum trophy" is actually one of the most sought after thing by many playstation gamers and its much better than the 100% feature given dlc.

But as for inspiring me to play games or finish them, I would argue yes they actually influence me to pick certain games over other ones.

Though not entirely.

Some of the first games I played were Resistance Fall of Man and Assassins Creed 1. In terms of my backlog I keep record of what I play by keeping track of the progression of trophies. Not enough to platinum them (as I only platinum games I truly enjoyed and don't require going out of the way to platinum) but to finish the main features of and campaign. I will likely return to platinum some of these games at a later date. 

But as for the whole synchronization and half-assed profile pages between friends, lack of a built in forum ( I still strongly suggest that the playstation community forums become integrated into PS4), bragging about trophies becomes utterly pointless unless between friends, while random strangers (given that you play many online games) may check your barebones profile pages and compare trophies for insecurity or learn something more about you, given trophies can tell alot about a person.

The only point I've seen with trophies is to keep track of what I play and when I played it. Purely for statistical purposes, though the 3DS has done better with keeping statistics of what I play. 

I don't see achievements as any less though. Its in the same page as trophies.

I don't know If I would ever let trophies stop me from getting game, its usually when I'm playing the game that I start caring for trophies.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: akirasolidentertainment
Message 39 of 55 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 30, 2013

@ gadirok 

Starhawk? Who cares about starhawk? And who said anything about Battlefield 3? Just because you're average doesnt meen you need to try and belittle those that are REALLY good at something. And it being a "superficial achievement" is utterly your opinon, while the advent of professional gaming solidifies it is anything but that.

So I think you deserve a phrase I usually save for the children that bite at my heels in frothing anger online, but

GET GOOD KID.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 40 of 55 (48 Views)
0 Likes