First Son
17 posts

Re: Anyone else wish Trophies were getting revamped with PS4?

May 30, 2013
So you win an award, you'd rather have it mailed to you than walk on stage to receive it? ITS AN ACHIEVEMENT for crying out loud, act like it means something or dont do it at all.
Message 11 of 55 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

May 30, 2013

TwoFive3 wrote:
So you win an award, you'd rather have it mailed to you than walk on stage to receive it? ITS AN ACHIEVEMENT for crying out loud, act like it means something or dont do it at all.

I think winning an actual award for an real accomplishment would be more rewarding than getting a digital icon for accomplishing something in a video game.

Heck, even the real accomplishments in video games aren't represented by trophies. Trophies have always just been false pride, along with achievements.

Look at real gaming tournaments like Urgent Fury for Starhawk and try winning that like some players did. You recieve much more recognition, money, and a bit of fame as well. What you don't get is a digital icon and a ping.

Message 12 of 55 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13360 posts

May 30, 2013

TwoFive3 wrote:

It's a DIGITAL trophy FFS. Go win something in real life. Thats what it sounds like you need, a life 

Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 13 of 55 (74 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 30, 2013
What I need is parity. If i can get 50G for finding all the gps caches in Tomb Raider, I want 50 points given to me in the PS4 version, not some whatever color trophy and some formula I have no idea what telling me the level gamer I and my friends are.
Message 14 of 55 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

May 30, 2013

TwoFive3 wrote:
What I need is parity. If i can get 50G for finding all the gps caches in Tomb Raider, I want 50 points given to me in the PS4 version, not some whatever color trophy and some formula I have no idea what telling me the level gamer I and my friends are.

So more or less your complain is that you can't figure out the order Platinum > Gold > Silver > Bronze and you'd need someone to fix that for you. Seriously, if that's already too much for you, you should probably worry about other things than trophies and achievments.

Message 15 of 55 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

May 30, 2013
Quit your whining twofive3 , and go eat a Snickers !
Message 16 of 55 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13360 posts

May 30, 2013
This guy is obviously a troll im done on this thread
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 17 of 55 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
742 posts

May 30, 2013

Golwar wrote:

TwoFive3 wrote:

So more or less your complain is that you can't figure out the order Platinum > Gold > Silver > Bronze and you'd need someone to fix that for you. Seriously, if that's already too much for you, you should probably worry about other things than trophies and achievments.

I think I get it. Hes complaining that he doesn't like the whole percentage system and gamescore of leveling up since its hard to tell based on levels in PSN compared to LIVE.

But I think nobody really cares about levels in PSN as much as they do in Live. People are more concerned with actually completing and getting trophies in Playstation than about their levels.

Message 18 of 55 (53 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 30, 2013

Really?  A thread about trophies on a gaming forum and you're telling him to "win a real trophy"? well, I may not agree with the changes he wants, but c'mon...thats about as logical as going to a guitar hero/Rock Band discussion and telling them to play real instruments. And since when is a trophy not an actual accomplishment? Granted, some are just thrown at you for playing a game, but I am willing to bet you feel pretty good for getting a gold trophy on a game that has you place in the top 1% of online players. How is that not real?

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 19 of 55 (52 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

May 30, 2013
I prefer trophies. Anyone can get a couple achievements in a lot of games for a high score. You have to earn a platinum. (Or just play through Walking Dead..)
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 20 of 55 (51 Views)
0 Likes