Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Re: Anyone else want Google Apps?: Drive, Voice, and Gmail

May 14, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

Lets get real gR3yGho51 the vita was made for apps also. First out it had as many apps as games. With the promise of more to come. 

You are absolutely wrong about the money thing. If prople think it is worth the buy it. Adults spend 300 Plus like it was change in there pockets now. That is not that much to people anymore if they think the product is worth spending the money on. 300$ does not really buy that much anymore.

I can afford to buy MANY Vita's if I wanted to... I can definitely afford to buy one.... Apps aren't going to make me buy a PS3 or Vita. Games are... and for me the games are not there. And overall, the price sucks... I'm not paying $200-300 for a Vita if I can buy a Nintendo DS for half the price and have a handful of games on my first purchase. I just got a Super Slim PS3  a few months ago for LESS than what the Vita cost.
For people who CAN afford it, but don't buy it, its because there is very little that makes them WANT one.... I want a Vita, I could go out and get one right this instant as there is a gamestop in walking distance... but there is NOTHING that makes me want to buy one. 
Apps are definitely not going to make me go out and buy one because I already own an iPad, Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire. My iPad is used to browse the internet and email when I want to sit on my couch and watch TV, my Nexus 7 is my TV remote, my Kindle is used to read books and to practice programming for Android as a hobby.

And yes quality is a problem right now. Not all but most of the games are below or not past the quality of psp games. I have played more psp and ps1 games on mine than psvita games and it has been almost a year and a half now. And a lot of what people were asking for more than a year ago still is not here yet. And could be because it is in other places playing on the same mechine. Which says something about the way Sony has been listening to there customer.

Yes, quality of games is a big one right now.

I like sony. There the only system I have ever bought sence they started in gaming. But someone in there company is not making a lot of customer friendly decicions lately. And we, as in all of us, that buy are what put them where there at. Whether it is good or bad. They may need to step back and listen to there customers a little more like they use to. If the masses want it it will sell. Every time I say that I think of the pet rock. Useless product that sold to so many people. But cool.

Well... its hard to make any "smart" decision when you find out that your product IS NOT selling as good as you thought and you're struggling to keep new ideas and games coming.....
With regard to apps, there is VERY FEW apps that people would actually want on the Vita anyway.... You're only saying "we want more apps"... well.... be more specific as to what apps you want, put it on the blog share and MAYBE it gets enough votes to get noticed....
A netflix app, or skype isn't going to make me buy  Vita.... NOT EVERYONE wants apps, and apps DO NOT SELL well on a gaming platform.... Its not magically going to "make more sells" just because YOU want apps.
The Vita could have 10,000 apps.... still not going to make people shell out $300 because "ZOMG!!!! APPS!!!!" Because you're talking about a GAME PLATFORM.... the PS3 didn't have apps for the first few years.... and PS3's don't sell because of apps. It sells because of games. 

Happy Gaming

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 34 (54 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1084 posts

May 14, 2013

Look on this blog it will tell you people want on the vita. It is all over it. A lot of it makes good sence. Some not but a lot does.

Most can only buy one vita. That is why they want it to do all it can do.

Sony has changed in the last years. Do not know why, mabe different management but they have. That has been gone over before too so that is probably enough said also.

Happy Gaming

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 34 (50 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

May 14, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

Look on this blog it will tell you people want on the vita. It is all over it. A lot of it makes good sence. Some not but a lot does.

The blog only represents a small fraction of  a percent of the US market.... Just like this forum has MAYBE 100k accounts.... thats a grain of sand on a beach.  
Thats not enough of a measurable indicator. If it was a large enough following, Sony would consider it. But if people on the blog and forum keep begging and Sony isn't doing much of anything.... theres a reason behind it.... Investing lots of money only to get back pennies on the dollar is not enough.

Most can only buy one vita. That is why they want it to do all it can do.

Those same people already have a PC, PS3, iPad or other tablet, and a smartphone.... I have all 3, but I don't want a Vita just yet.

Sony has changed in the last years. Do not know why, mabe different management but they have. That has been gone over before too so that is probably enough said also.

Happy Gaming

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 34 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

May 14, 2013

the only apps I care about are HBO GO an NFL Sunday Ticket

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 34 (45 Views)
0 Likes