Splicer
69 posts

Re: Anyone else want Google Apps?: Drive, Voice, and Gmail

May 11, 2013

I take my vita with me to work and I like to blog on the PlayStation Network while Im at work. If I could have apps like google drive and Voice I would invest more money in my vita. This device is too powerful just to be playing games only. I dont play games all the time. I want this vita to be more versatile.

Message 21 of 34 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

May 11, 2013
Why you think people hack into the device company makes because they are inadequate. if I knew how to hack I would hack the hell out my ps vita
Message 22 of 34 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2115 posts

May 12, 2013

Mabe you are right gR3yGh051 and they should leave the Vita like it is and not do nothing for it sence it is doing so great like it is. As if it really is. It works for other devices because people request things for that device and the companys make there said device do what there customer wants it to. Not because it is made for it but that is what people want on it and they lister to them to make it sell. People have no problem spending 300 to 600 on a phone or tablet every day of the week so money is not a issue. It is quality and quantity that is a major problem with our great mechine right now. And I do think it is a great mechine it just needs more for the buck than it has.

As for sony knowing what they are doing. They use to give use what we wanted in gaming and they have the experience to do that now. But in the last few years I have started to wonder if they are forgetting what use to keep them in the #1 place in gaming. 

( There Customers )

Happy Gaming

Message 23 of 34 (101 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
May 13, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

Mabe you are right gR3yGh051 and they should leave the Vita like it is and not do nothing for it sence it is doing so great like it is. As if it really is. It works for other devices because people request things for that device and the companys make there said device do what there customer wants it to.

Again, they are MADE for apps.... Tablets and smarphones, and even certain ones, are MADE for people to make all different kinds of apps. A handheld game cosole does not. The Vita is a GAMING HANDHELD, it is made to play games FIRST AND FOREMOST.

Not because it is made for it but that is what people want on it and they lister to them to make it sell. People have no problem spending 300 to 600 on a phone or tablet every day of the week so money is not a issue.

Actually, money is ALWAYS an issue. What you're TRYING to say is that people are MORE OPEN to spending more money for a purpose built device that works great, like an iPad or Nexus 7 which is BUILT FOR APPS. No one is going to pay $300 for a small handheld device that plays games and very limited, very basic apps.... 
A person can actually manage their entire small business using an iPad from payroll, bookkeeping, product shipments, customer transactions etc etc because I actually use an iPad.... a Vita isn't going to do that. No one wants to edit photos on a screen nearly the size of their hand when they can do it with an iPad that has a screen about 6x bigger.

It is quality and quantity that is a major problem with our great mechine right now. And I do think it is a great mechine it just needs more for the buck than it has.

Quality is not a problem with the Vita.... its the QUANTITY. 
It costs as much as a PS3, Wii/WiiU, and X360. 
Nintendo has the handheld market by the b@lls because the DS/DSi/3DS is CHEAP and there are MANY MANY games for it. 

As for sony knowing what they are doing. They use to give use what we wanted in gaming and they have the experience to do that now. But in the last few years I have started to wonder if they are forgetting what use to keep them in the #1 place in gaming. 

( There Customers )
Thats only because Sony went in a different direction with the PS3.... and they've subliminally admitted that it was mistake because its much harder for the smaller developers and publishers to make games for the console.... thats common knowledge. Nothing new. The only thing that was "new" in the problem is that people actually FOUND that limitation.
With what Sony did with the PS4 is make it a much more open platform by going with the x86-64 architecture and making it EASIER for smaller devs and pubs to create games for the PS4.

Happy Gaming

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 34 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 13, 2013

deano420_ wrote:

would be cool to have google+

My brother can do it using the browser on his Vita, facebook as well.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 25 of 34 (83 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1061 posts

May 13, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:
Honestly? No. I couldn't care less about apps on my PSV; it's a handheld, not a smartphone. There's no added value on a console having Google Drive and Voice recognition. And as for gmail, we have an email app, that's more than enough~.

this is the stupidest thing i think i ever read here!

BRING ON THE Google Play store as a whole, the Vita's code is Based off the Android Code anyways!

Message 26 of 34 (78 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2115 posts

May 13, 2013

Lets get real gR3yGho51 the vita was made for apps also. First out it had as many apps as games. With the promise of more to come. 

You are absolutely wrong about the money thing. If prople think it is worth the buy it. Adults spend 300 Plus like it was change in there pockets now. That is not that much to people anymore if they think the product is worth spending the money on. 300$ does not really buy that much anymore.

And yes quality is a problem right now. Not all but most of the games are below or not past the quality of psp games. I have played more psp and ps1 games on mine than psvita games and it has been almost a year and a half now. And a lot of what people were asking for more than a year ago still is not here yet. And could be because it is in other places playing on the same mechine. Which says something about the way Sony has been listening to there customer.

I like sony. There the only system I have ever bought sence they started in gaming. But someone in there company is not making a lot of customer friendly decicions lately. And we, as in all of us, that buy are what put them where there at. Whether it is good or bad. They may need to step back and listen to there customers a little more like they use to. If the masses want it it will sell. Every time I say that I think of the pet rock. Useless product that sold to so many people. But cool.

Happy Gaming

Message 27 of 34 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

May 13, 2013
option would be nice. but its not a must have. i currently have a nexus 7 and an HTC ONE. i love android. im a pro android guy. root, flashing. but VITA doesnt need all that apps. would be nice if we have the option though but not A MUST

<script src="http://www.gmodules.com/ig/ifr?url=http://www.google.com/ig/modules/youtube.xml&up_channel=PSVITAGAMES22&synd=open&w=320&h=390&title=&border=%23ffffff%7C3px%2C1px+solid+%23999999&output=js"></script>

Message 28 of 34 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2115 posts

May 13, 2013

I agree. I do not do apps much myself. So I do not download them. But if it would sell more to those that did it does not seem like a bad idea to do. The best for all you know.Mltifunction is in now for most. Game companys could care less about anthing but the $$$. And rightly so it is what buys the grocerys and keeps them full. Sells of the mechine is what is importent to them. So anything that will make more sell is good right??

Happy Gaming

Message 29 of 34 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13187 posts

May 14, 2013

Xuchilbara wrote:

MPlyler512 wrote:

I would really like to see Google Drive, Voice, and Gmail on the Vita.

If you don't know what drive is, it replaces Google Docs storage and works like Dropbox once it is installed.

I also think Google Voice would be amazing, as well as the voice chat features with gmail. Voice would allow the PSV to literally be used as a phone, completely free of charge. Anyone else like/use Google Voice?

What the Vita and all SONY system OS need is a capable browser. Google Chrome is an open source software and SONY could easily adapt and modify to their needs. Furthermore, this would easily help integrate all other google services.

I actually...agreed with this. Why not release a regular Google App that have all Google serves with Chrome-Power

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 30 of 34 (56 Views)
0 Likes