Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

Re: Anyone else want Google Apps?: Drive, Voice, and Gmail

May 11, 2013

This is totally the direction i do NOT want the vita to take.  Almost everyone has a smartphone or a tablet (or both) at this point in time...let them focus on GAMES...Games...and more games...Apps i can use on 2-3 other devices of which most everyone owns at least ONE smart device...are not what i want Sony spending time on.

PlayStation 4
i5/GTX1060 6GB/16GB Ram PC
Two Vita Slims
Xbox One S
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 11 of 34 (147 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 11, 2013

psxsage wrote:

This is totally the direction i do NOT want the vita to take.  Almost everyone has a smartphone or a tablet (or both) at this point in time...let them focus on GAMES...Games...and more games...Apps i can use on 2-3 other devices of which most everyone owns at least ONE smart device...are not what i want Sony spending time on.

Agreed. 

While I don't own a Vita, yet, I find this obscenely dumb.

You don't see Nintendo handhelds having apps.... why do you expect the Vita to do so?

You want such things on a mobile device? get a smartphone, tablet or laptop.

Leave the game devices FOR GAMES. 

What possible uses does having such things on a gaming device that a smartphone cant already do?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 12 of 34 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2120 posts

May 11, 2013

you do realize that if the vita did things like this it would create more sells. This is what is selling other devices. More sells means more game companys take notice, which means more games for us. Besides if we do not like aps we just do not download the ones we do not want anyway. I do not like apps as much eather but I think they could be used for a great selling tool for the vita. Bring them on.

Happy Gaming.

Message 13 of 34 (139 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

May 11, 2013
No, just flat out no
My PSN
Message 14 of 34 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

May 11, 2013

yes that would be great only if sony would allow it. They really need to think outside the box and listen to us.

Message 15 of 34 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
244 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Fantasyplayer NO..It would NOT create more sales..in fact sales data says just the opposite. NIntendo always has WAY bigger sales in the handheld market and they have little to few to no apps at all. Their is no history data or anything of ANY kind that would even HINT it would help VIta sales.

They already have some of THE most major used apps on a smartphone/tablet anyways IE Facebook,Twitter,Skype and a basic browser and E-mail client...it hasn't helped at ALL...what makes you think lesser used apps would help when the most major used ones in the world are not?  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUttbZcv7WI

PlayStation 4
i5/GTX1060 6GB/16GB Ram PC
Two Vita Slims
Xbox One S
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 16 of 34 (132 Views)
MVP Support
18928 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

MPlyler512 wrote:

I would really like to see Google Drive, Voice, and Gmail on the Vita.

If you don't know what drive is, it replaces Google Docs storage and works like Dropbox once it is installed.

I also think Google Voice would be amazing, as well as the voice chat features with gmail. Voice would allow the PSV to literally be used as a phone, completely free of charge. Anyone else like/use Google Voice?

It sounds like the question you really wanted to ask is: Should SONY run Android on the PS Vita?

What the Vita and all SONY system OS need is a capable browser. Google Chrome is an open source software and SONY could easily adapt and modify to their needs. Furthermore, this would easily help integrate all other google services.

Now I personally would prefer if SONY were to use Mozilla's code instead of Google's code for their browser.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 17 of 34 (131 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 11, 2013

fantasyplayer wrote:

you do realize that if the vita did things like this it would create more sells. This is what is selling other devices. More sells means more game companys take notice, which means more games for us. Besides if we do not like aps we just do not download the ones we do not want anyway. I do not like apps as much eather but I think they could be used for a great selling tool for the vita. Bring them on.

Happy Gaming.

It sells on OTHER DEVICES because the other devices are MADE for it. 

You think apps are a selling tool for the PS3? 

Game companies hardly take notice at the Vita simply because its cost prohibitive for buyers.... why spend $250 on a handheld, when you can buy a PS3 or X360 or a Wii U for the same price?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 18 of 34 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 11, 2013

Bicgoozgetten-69 wrote:

yes that would be great only if sony would allow it. They really need to think outside the box and listen to us.

If every company listened to every want and need of their customers, every company would go bankrupt in an instant trying to make EVERYONE happy

Sony has been in gaming for 15+ years, and in Consumer Electronics for 60+ years.... I'm pretty sure Sony knows that they're doing.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 34 (123 Views)
First Son
22 posts

May 11, 2013

would be cool to have google+

Message 20 of 34 (117 Views)
0 Likes