Fender Bender
3334 posts

Re: Anyone else suggest waiting for a PS4 Slim?

Oct 10, 2013
My launch ps3 still working perfect without problems. Got it day one.
A ps4 slim? Haha. It will most likely happen, but in three years. And what the second poster said.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 41 of 71 (625 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3228 posts

Oct 10, 2013

How much slimmer can it get? The PS4's first version is probably the thinnest first version playstation console to be released. Maybe the PS1 might have it beat but the other two were fatty's when they came out. 

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Youtube: Akirasolid Entertainment

Message 42 of 71 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Oct 10, 2013

Go get one right now if you can afford it. Ps4 slim probably will not happen for another 3 years. So unless you don't mind waiting. My guess is that a basic ps4 slim will cost $199 at that time since most slim models are half the price of the original.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 43 of 71 (612 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 13, 2014

if u made the playstation 3 slim u should the playstation 4 slim u can put ever features like voice unlock or put full game

Message 44 of 71 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 13, 2014

mustapha148 wrote:

if u made the playstation 3 slim u should the playstation 4 slim u can put ever features like voice unlock or put full game

Great job reviving an old thread!

But know that you have, I might as well put my 2¢ on the subject before the thread is locked.

I'll will also wait until the PS4 Slim comes out, hopefully by then Sony will have their **bleep** together. It should be extremely embarrassing for Sony that the PS3 is able to do stuff that the PS4 it's successor can't. Also by the time the PS4 Slim comes out, the PS4 should have a decent library of games unlike now where PS4 owners are scraping by on indies. Although that white Destiny PS4 bundle is looking mighty tempting right now!

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 45 of 71 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4033 posts

Jul 13, 2014

I bought the PS4 on release because i wanted to buy games as they came out. 1 a month along with the Plus games. $59 a month some months 0 some $118. I here a lot of this wait for more games stuff. Well wait a year or two then go out and buy 20-30 games come up with a few $1,000 all at once! Figure out how you will buy the new games coming out and the games you missed and want.

Its up to you no one know if a slim will even come out or when. You may be waiting 4 - 5 or 6 years. If Sony had announced one next year and you wanted it maybe. But waiting on something that may never show up is a bad idea.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 46 of 71 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
809 posts

Jul 13, 2014

JohnKarnes wrote:

Its up to you no one know if a slim will even come out or when. You may be waiting 4 - 5 or 6 years. If Sony had announced one next year and you wanted it maybe. But waiting on something that may never show up is a bad idea.

Everyone knows that Sony will eventually release a PS4 Slim as it is in the PlayStation DNA, and it usually takes 2-4 years for the slim version to come.

For example

PS1, PS1 Slim

PS2, PS2 Slim, PS2 Super Slim

PSP, PSP 2000, PSP 3000, PSP Go

PS3, PS3 Slim, PS3 Super Slim

PSVITA, PSVITA 2000

My gaming history - NES, PS1, PS2, GBA SP, NDS, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Message 47 of 71 (172 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
803 posts

Jul 13, 2014

I waited in line for my PS4, It runs fine, I manage to have goodluck with all my electronics. Minus my 360 (I owned 3 before dumping MS) which I replaced then eventually sold for a 3DSXL.. My PS3 is launch and still runs well with no issues.

The 3DS is the only videogame item I've waited for as the original 3DS is utterly terrible. By waiting you're going to probably miss the servers for some games, or be vastly behind in others (FFXIV is an example).

Multiplayer is really the only reason not to wait, if you're into MP that much.

All Star Superman
A vita supporter in a crowd of haters. Links >>>
Twitter // Work // Instagram // Nerd Blog // Last.FM // PS MVP T&C // FFXIVarr
Message 48 of 71 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Jul 13, 2014

cross12095 wrote:

mustapha148 wrote:

Great job reviving an old thread!

But know that you have, I might as well put my 2¢ on the subject before the thread is locked.

I'll will also wait until the PS4 Slim comes out, hopefully by then Sony will have their **bleep** together. It should be extremely embarrassing for Sony that the PS3 is able to do stuff that the PS4 it's successor can't. Also by the time the PS4 Slim comes out, the PS4 should have a decent library of games unlike now where PS4 owners are scraping by on indies. Although that white Destiny PS4 bundle is looking mighty tempting right now!

If you actualy researched wha the PS4 does and doesnt do you would know Sony went down the gaming rout this console not the medai. Features were never mising if there werement to be there in the first place.

Message 49 of 71 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12987 posts

Jul 13, 2014

I want a PS4 fat version. One with a better fan and more plastic on it so when my system heats up and I put my hand on it it's not so hot after an hour or so.

Message 50 of 71 (165 Views)
0 Likes