Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Re: Anyone else find the GT6 demo looks only ok

Jul 5, 2013

GamerJon92 wrote:
idk car i want more then nice cars and driving. look at bf3 its a fps but at least they added nice trees and rocks in bf4 waves move. and stuff tired of companys taking the easy way out with a racing game.. still cant belive the tress looks like a grade 1 project

Have you ever been to a racetrack IRL before? When you're going 100+mph, the LAST THING you EVER want to worry about is the flora and fauna.

Have you only ever played console games? Because PC environments are more of the same "grade 1 trees and rocks" unless you've spend a fortune on a custom rig and turn everything to the max, and even then, environmental assets like rocks and trees aren't much improved. Unless you're playing something like Crysis or Far Cry.

Here's a hint..... you're comparing a game, where the environment is a bigger part of the game experience in a FPS, than a game where the environment consists of asphalt and buildings, with walls, sand/gravel traps.... Anything that is OUTSIDE of the boundaries of the track aka level/game, is not considered part of the environment and even a "low on the totem pole" level-designer can just plop a few trees just to make it remotely resemble the real life counterpart.

Also, console games are more restricted in levels of detail because of their processing power, where developers have to balance level of detail with polygon count and texture size. 

On PC, where you DON'T have such a restriction (if you can afford to have the best hardware available), a game like Project CARS, is something you'll want to look out for and build your custom PC rig to max out the game's potential.

These are in-game, real time, screen shots of the ProjectCARS on the PC (it will be coming to consoles later on). With maxxed out settings..
projectcars1

projectcars2

projectcars3

projectcars4

LOOK!!! TREES!!!!
projectcars5

Now.... do you REALLY think, that a console, with much less power than a PC, is going to look AS GOOD, as this game on a PC with maxxed out graphic settings?

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 17 (203 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

Remember it's still only a demo but if you play this demo and then pop in your copy of GT5, you will notice  a difference in the backrounds and ligthing. Also the car seems to handle much better than on gt5. GT5 really pushed the PS3 to the limit so I doubt that we will see any vast improvement in graphics. I am hoping that all of the cars will be premium cars and that the interface won't be as wonky as it was the last go round. It's still hands down the best driving simulator out there.

Actually, GT6 handles better. 

Drive the 370Z in GT5 and GT6/Academy demo, and the GT6 actually handles A LOT better.... especially with all driver aids turned off.

PD revised the physics and tire assests to more closely react to real-world. As has always been the case with GT. 

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 17 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3117 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Thats what I said. The car seemed to handle better on GT6! b

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 17 (195 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15234 posts

Jul 5, 2013

Amnalehu wrote:

Thats what I said. The car seemed to handle better on GT6! b

Whoops! I misread that, sorry

:smileyvery-happy:

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 17 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 5, 2013

I played the demo with a racing wheel and the handling seems better than it was in GT5.  I'd like to try out more cars..  

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 17 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
688 posts

Jul 7, 2013

PLaying the demo makes me miss GT5... i gotta dig it up and finish some trophies i never got

320 Gig PS3 Slim Move Bundle CECH-2501B w/ 240gb Intel 335 SSD
500 Gig PS4 Launch Model CUH-1001A w/ 512gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD
Vita Slim PCH-2000 w/ 8 gig card
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 17 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
432 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 7, 2013

Since this was a Gran Turismo game I expected better graphics. I was somewhat disappointed at the driver's point of view but atleast the menu is less cluttered and the new engine makes the game slightly more fun. Still feels like Gran Turismo 5 though, which they aimed to achieve I believe.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 17 (125 Views)
0 Likes