First Son
19 posts

Re: Anyone currently in the PS Rewards beta, PLEASE READ!!

Dec 2, 2010

A Scam? We Can Tell You're Not One To Buy NEW Games.. Warhawk?.. Seriously?.. LMFAO... They're Rewarding People That SPEND.. Not SAVE !... lol.. I FInd This Pretty Neat Not Much Tho... I'm Ps Plus & Rewards So I'm Good =-P

Blitz5 Trophy Card
Message 11 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Dec 2, 2010

Exactly. They rewards you for spending hundreds of dollars in new disc based games, PSN store games and other purchases and renting and buying video with some avatars and dynamic themes.  For those of you that aren't in the beta, don't fret. You aren't missing much yet.

Message 12 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 6, 2010

I want to hear the argument about why its a scam. 

Is this any different than what like best buy does only on a much less flexible scale. Microsoft is even doing something like it too I thought I heard. 

Message 13 of 21 (8 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Dec 6, 2010

I would be surprised if fortester showed back up in this thread to defend the scam position, although stranger things have happened.  For those of you not in the Rewards program ...

I only have two complaints (suggestions for improvement) and Rewards so far.  First, communication from the Reward team is lacking; they occasionally show up with a post and then we get 15 pages of comments, rants, thank you notes, etc.  Second, I wish Sony would change the progress meter to better show some movement.  I have received a few bumps, but to me these bumps seem a bit random, with the progress bar not being indicative of what is happening behind the scenes.

Message 14 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Yes, it does work that way. I just got some stuff this weekend from reaching "Select" status. You start off as "Member" and have to work you way up to "Select". Then "Pro", where I am now. Then "Legendary".

Message 15 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1480 posts

Dec 6, 2010

Disc based games only count the FIRST time they are loaded into a PS3. The ID number is read and the info is transmitted and then ignored on forever. If you buy a new game DO NOT load into a friends PS3 before you have loaded into tyour own first or it will count for the friend. Not you.

Apparently all you have to do is load the game up to the start screen. I guess it should be read by then. It does not matter if you play for 10 minutes or 10 horus. Amount of time playing a game DOES NOT matter. Trophies DO NOT matter. Just that you loaded up a newly bought game or run some new PSN downloaded games or videos, etc. Only items that are bought matter. No free downloaded materials counts.

So far rewards have included avatars and dynamic  themes.

Message 16 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
430 posts

Jan 30, 2011

It's an advertisement, nothing more, nothing less.

Message 17 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
419 posts

Jan 30, 2011

I have playstation plus I belive since I am wasting my money I should have this beta.

HACHOOOOOOOOO!! (Yes this is my signature)
Message 18 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 7, 2011

Some games' trophies do reward you with PSR points, albeit only if that game has a specific quest attached to it. There are three trophy based quests out right now, those being 1 Gold trophy in Dead Nation, 10 trophies in GT5, and 4 trophies in LBP2.

So,

1. Yes, sort of. Only from quests.

2. Yes, if there are quests for them.

3. No.

4. Only as long as it is the first time your PS3 has seen the game.

Message 19 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Feb 10, 2011

actually im not sure on this one i have taken two surveys from sony this month about ps rewards and what i think would be great to improve it and i must say i have reached select status and now and rising fast to pro so im not sure on the trophies yet.

Message 20 of 21 (8 Views)
0 Likes