Nov 09 2011
By: xRunEmHardx First Son 6 posts

Anyone can help me by fixing the NAT type 3 problem?

4 replies 378 views Edited Nov 9, 2011

Hey guys. I posted something like this months ago, but I think I should just open it up with a new discussion. I'm still new at the forums, so bear with me haha. So basically, it appears that my ps3 is having a nat type 3 problem. It started out when my mom switched our internet provider to HawaiianTel from Oceanic. When I had Oceanic, I had NO problems. Maybe a few Moderate nats here and there, but most of them were open nats. Since my mom changed the provider, my nat has been staying type 3 for maybe 4 months now. I was guessing that it might be the fact my computer was really dead 4 months ago. We changed our hard drive monitor s**t and the connection started to flow once again. My nat remained "open" for 3 days, but everytime I did a connection test, it always said type 3 (false advertisement...lol)

anyway, I tried to search up some forums here, vids, other forums on other sites, it just doesn't work. Anyone have a less complicated, but detailed explanation on how to fix this? All of the threads I read were kinda confusing at times, and leaving me stuck on not knowing what to input and what not. My previous post, a member here told me that HawaiianTel is a DSL provider, and having my Belkin54g router is just making two firewalls, and I don't really need the router. The router is still the same since I had my open/moderate nats on Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops, the modem is new. So yeah, if anyone can please help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 5 (378 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24615 posts

Re: Anyone can help me by fixing the NAT type 3 problem?

Nov 9, 2011
Message 2 of 5 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 9, 2011

What modem did HawaiianTel give you? If we have the model number, we might be able to dig up the owners manual and figure out how to stop your modem from functioning as a redundant router.

Message 3 of 5 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 10, 2011

thanks ne1atall. ill view them later.

potatobreath, sorry for being all noobish at computer and router things, but idk which one is the model number. There are all kind of different numbers on it. Do you know a potential label that would say in different terms what the model # is? Is it the serial #? Lmk if anything

Message 4 of 5 (378 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 10, 2011

Usually there's a sticker underneath the modem with a distinct brand, model number and version number. If in doubt, take a photo of it or jot them all down.

Message 5 of 5 (378 Views)
0 Likes