Fender Bender
3105 posts

Re: Anyone NOT buying GTA V...

Sep 14, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

The trailers look good for GTA V.

That said, I decided to throw GTA IV in today, and I have to say, "The mechanics still suck after all these years." The delivery missions give you cars that handle like boats, even at low speeds. If you try to brake to put weight over the front wheels to turn, nothing. I tried many different classes of cars and they handle like **bleep**, and same with the motorcycle I tried. Add to that, that the camera doesn't keep up with where you're going, turn a corner and you're looking at the side of your vehicle.

Then there's the character controls. WTH is up with the way he runs. Camera wants to do it's own wonky thing, he does this weird **bleep** leaning thing when you run and turn. Just crazy.

You ever hear the saying, "Jack of all trades, master of none." That's this game. I do like the open world, but the execution is way off. Hope the new one is better like R* says it is, but for now I won't be plunking the money down.

I would agree,you probably don't need a game like this until you learn how to use the controller..lol

Some of these posts are hilarious,people are actually selling their PS3's to get a PS4,that doesn't even make any logical sense whatsoever,that being said,i will be at the midnight release for this game and will be the first game i payed full price for in many many years.

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 31 of 59 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
604 posts

Sep 14, 2013

gta5

BUY ME

ADD stargatefan2 for home space tours i own 145 spaces
Message 32 of 59 (275 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Sep 14, 2013
i wont ..considered just getting the MP to play with friends on October 1st but i doubt that will happen as we will be playing BF4 beta.. you can't tell people you won't be getting GTA V though especially on facebook groups it causes a lot of **bleep**
Message 33 of 59 (272 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Too busy preparing for PS4.
Message 34 of 59 (261 Views)
Fender Bender
3334 posts

Sep 14, 2013
Wow look at all these liars. Lmfao. You know you will buy it.

I'm waiting for ps4 version
Image and video hosting by TinyPicHEAVY WEAPONS GUYImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 35 of 59 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I might buy it used later on but its to close to the BF4 Beta and to close to the PS4 release.

Message 36 of 59 (249 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8661 posts

Sep 14, 2013

DarthDanMan wrote:

I'm not going to be picking it up at launch. Probably not at all.

VR_F0X wrote:

GTAV looks like a good way to see out the end of this console generation, defiantly picking it up day one. Smiley Mad

I'm not sure if that was an intentional typo or what...

Nope. Just retarded. Smiley Mad

Message 37 of 59 (239 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1050 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I have played the last 2, after a few hours in it just felt like I was wasting my time.

Just not my thing anymore. It almost feels like COD in the sense it's the same thing everytime.

Sure they will put in a little extra something, a different mission but it's time to let it go RS.

Don't hate me for it I just feel there are other games that call for me.

Hope every 1 has fun playing it, after all that's what gaming is for.

Courage is saddling up, even though your scared to death.

Atari 2600, ColecoVision, NES, Genesis, Saturn, Sega CD, PS1, PS2, PS3 (2), DS, PSP, 360, PS4, VITA
Message 38 of 59 (229 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Sep 14, 2013

kythunder wrote:

UnrealButcher wrote:

The trailers look good for GTA V.

That said, I decided to throw GTA IV in today, and I have to say, "The mechanics still suck after all these years." The delivery missions give you cars that handle like boats, even at low speeds. If you try to brake to put weight over the front wheels to turn, nothing. I tried many different classes of cars and they handle like **bleep**, and same with the motorcycle I tried. Add to that, that the camera doesn't keep up with where you're going, turn a corner and you're looking at the side of your vehicle.

Then there's the character controls. WTH is up with the way he runs. Camera wants to do it's own wonky thing, he does this weird **bleep** leaning thing when you run and turn. Just crazy.

You ever hear the saying, "Jack of all trades, master of none." That's this game. I do like the open world, but the execution is way off. Hope the new one is better like R* says it is, but for now I won't be plunking the money down.

I would agree,you probably don't need a game like this until you learn how to use the controller..lol

Didn't see that one coming, and from someone with GTA 4 as their avatar and sig. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink

Now go away fanboy. Smiley Tongue Just messing with you. Smiley Wink Heart

And again, I like the game itself, but I've been playing games since the late '70s (arcade, console, PC, every genre because I'm not a fanboy of one type of game) and I'm pretty sure I know if the mechanics of a game are bad from all those years of personal experience.

Let's hope they've learned from the past and improved on the mechanics of the games. It felt like they used their Smuggler's Run game engine when they should have used Midnight Club's. 

Message 39 of 59 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I am waiting on the PS4, so I will not be getting GTAV.

Owner of: PC, PS4, PS3.
Next: PS Vita, 3DS, Wii-U.
PS4 Received: 3/6/14

FF14 Online: A Realm Reborn
Server: Gilgamesh

Clam Gauvain

Message 40 of 59 (224 Views)
0 Likes