Apr 15 2012
By: Whatever257 First Son 1 posts

Any way to change your Online ID & to not lose any game progression.

6 replies 359 views Edited Apr 15, 2012

I want to change my Online ID and I've gone into Sony and PS3 Network sites to try and research if there is a way.

I can't find anything also I emailed them asking and got nothing back.  If anyone knows how to do this please post

so I can do it.  Thanks !!

Message 1 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29179 posts

Re: Any way to change your Online ID & to not lose any game progression.

Apr 15, 2012

No there isn't.

Message 2 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Apr 15, 2012

As of right now, you cannot change your ID username.

But you can change your E-mail and your password, if you want.

YB

Message 3 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Apr 16, 2012
Message 4 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 16, 2012

What game progress you talking about? All my story mode progress didt switch over but my son says it can be if you want. All my online progress not having anything to do with the playstation network is intact. Anything playstation like playstation home or MAG were afected and started from the beginning because its a differant user. You would need to create a new user on the main menu then open a new account with playstation with a different email. I switch back and forth simply by changing users on the main menu but I never use my old ID. Just don't delete your current user then create a new one and see what you get. You could always switch back for story mode if you want. Edit;;;;  Actualy now that I think a little bit more I think your online progress is tied to what email you use showing whatever online name you have with it.

either way you can try it and see what happens I switched shortly after getting my first system because I didnt like what name I chose.

Message 5 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 16, 2012

I just tried something for the hell of it. I switched to my old user and loged into MGO without having to sign in or anything. I think there server is tied into the consol or something not sure because both my user names have differant email tags and pass words. Doing that doesnt change my screen name on MGO just an FYI only on PSN.

Message 6 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3222 posts

Apr 17, 2012

Every time I see a post on this subject I laugh but at the sametime wished that IT was possable. I would even pay a few bucks to change it.

Message 7 of 7 (359 Views)
0 Likes