Last Guardian
11753 posts

Re: Any reason why you buy a game from PS store instead of on disk?

Jul 27, 2014

The only reason why I do my shopping on the store if it comes to that, is because for the most part these games aren't (to my knowledge) available on disc format. Everything from Plants vs. Zombies, From Dust, Costume Quest, PixelJunk Monsters, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Papo and Yo, Sound Shapes, and next month's Hohokum are such instances in which the games themselves are intended for digital gaming. Understandably, it's doubtful that video game companies would provide disc copies of these games given the lower price point that you pay for them.

Be it $10 or $7.50, these games are more compact, though not without merit. That's not to say that there hasn't been at least one time when I've bought a retail game digitally versus the other way around. God of War Origins is one of the only special cases where I bought the game in its digital form due to the PlayStation Plus offer that was on the table. While the game itself has probably dropped in price at retail since then, at the time it was something I wanted to play. Getting money off on the product right then and there was the attraction that brought me to that decision.

Message 21 of 26 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2921 posts

Jul 27, 2014

GrayGargoyle wrote:

The only reason why I do my shopping on the store if it comes to that, is because for the most part these games aren't (to my knowledge) available on disc format. Everything from Plants vs. Zombies, From Dust, Costume Quest, PixelJunk Monsters, Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault, Papo and Yo, Sound Shapes, and next month's Hohokum are such instances in which the games themselves are intended for digital gaming. Understandably, it's doubtful that video game companies would provide disc copies of these games given the lower price point that you pay for them.

Be it $10 or $7.50, these games are more compact, though not without merit. That's not to say that there hasn't been at least one time when I've bought a retail game digitally versus the other way around. God of War Origins is one of the only special cases where I bought the game in its digital form due to the PlayStation Plus offer that was on the table. While the game itself has probably dropped in price at retail since then, at the time it was something I wanted to play. Getting money off on the product right then and there was the attraction that brought me to that decision.

I have the disc version of plants vs zombies.

Message 22 of 26 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
223 posts

Jul 27, 2014

I think we should get a nice discount by pre ordering a game in ps store. I have no interest in the exclusive guns, outfits and **bleep** like that...besides, almost everyone I know take like a day to download and install a 20gb digital game from PSN...wouldn't be easier to just go to some store to get it?

Besides, it's really hard to damage a blu-ray...
Anyway, it's nice to have the option of buying a digital version, but right now I think the only real advantage of going all digital is that you don't need to switch the discs every time

Message 23 of 26 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Jul 27, 2014
I was speaking of main stream games that are on disk
Message 24 of 26 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Jul 28, 2014

My brother and I both own Playstation 3's and 4's. The only reason we have ever bought a game digitally is if...

1. The game is a highly anticipated game and worth having forever with no foresight of ever wanting to trade in or sell.

2. Sometimes the games can be cheaper.

AND THE MAIN REASON....

3. We can share all the stuff we buy on the PSN store with each other. Besides themes or avatars.

We only have to pay about half of what we normally would have for a physical copy for us to both play the same game. One example recently would be Destiny which we bought digitally. Another will be Diablo 3 on PS4 when it becomes available on PSN. 

photo 3568320497-1.png
Message 25 of 26 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jul 29, 2014
I purchase physical copies when I am unsure if I'm going to keep the title after I beat the game. I buy digital titles when I'm sure I'm going to keep the game for a very long time.
Message 26 of 26 (44 Views)
0 Likes