First Son
1 posts

Re: Any problems with PS3 Super Slim?

Feb 19, 2013
Well mine won't play disc any more. I just bought it!. The very next day no disc icon would show up. After searching the webs for related problems (trying to see if there's a fix), I found that many ppl are having my same problem. I'm gonna go replace it with a mother one since its still under warranty so to give it another chance.
Message 21 of 100 (7,233 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15906 posts

Feb 19, 2013

SECRETxASSASINx wrote:

origami killer wrote:

Do you have proof? Because my Super Slim runs 40*F Cooler than my CECHE01 (80Gb Motorstorm bundle) PS3.... using an infrared temperature gun.
And no, the issue with the Xbox weren't because of the fan speed being low... it was an actual design flaw, the fans had nothing to do with it, how do you think there were so many of those X-Mod thing, that allowed for better cooling, fixed it? 
Add-on cooling fans were NEVER allowed by either Sony or Microsoft. If you bothered to read the EULA, Warranty and other legal documentation, both M$ and Sony state that it external add-on cooling devices will void that warranty as they actually inhibit the actual intake/exhaust of the consoles own cooling system and also the ones that use the consoles power supply and USB ports for power caused more problems than it solved.... The only reason why they are more common on the Xbox is because of the misconception that all Xbox's overheat. Which is simply not true.

#1 YES I DO HAVE PROOF,THANKS U 4 ASKING . I ALSO HAVE A INFARED TEMP. GAUGE AND THE SUPER SLIM HEATS UP TO 120 VERY QUICKLY THAT MEANS BASED ON YOUR HILLARIOUS RESPONSE THE OLDER PS3'S RUN AT 160 AND I KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE !GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT SONY EMPLOYEE GUY.
Prove it then.. post video on your dead cold Super Slim. I'll wait.

#3 NEXT IS YOUR QUESTION DID I BOTHER TO READ WHAT?EULA?WARRANTY?!!LEGAL DOCUMENTATION!!   GET A CLUE!!

I have a clue now... that you're too ignorant to read.

#4THANKS 4 SAYING THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT ADD ON COOLING FANS THINKING THAT THEY ACTUALLY WORKED ,WHICH THEY DO!!! U R A VERY FUNNY PERSON!! HA HA

Got any proof to back that up that "millions of people around the world" bought those ridiculous fans? waste of money. 

#5 WHY IS THE FACT THAT I AM VERY DISAPOINTED THAT THE  SUPER SLIM  OVERHEATS  A PERSONAL PROBLEM ??WHAT IS WRONG WITH U!!

It is a personal problem... cause I have a Super Slim and there NOTHING wrong with it.

FINALLY: YES I DO HAVE PROOF 2 MY "WILD CLAIMS" ASIDE FROM COMMON SENSE. AND WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF THAT WAS MY FIRST POST -MISTER SONY EMPLOYEE GUY!! U R RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING MINDS R LIKE A PARACHUTE THEY DO WORK

BEST WHEN OPEN !!AND  I WOULD ADVISE U AS WELL TO 2 LEARN HOW TO SEARCH BEFORE POSTING.MISTER SEVEN THOUSAND POSTS !!WHAT IS THAT SONY EMPLOYEE!!!

Its called a signature.... you should learn more about forums.

Yes, I am a Sony employee.... I get paid to actively participate on this forum to monitor idiocy.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 22 of 100 (7,230 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Feb 20, 2013
got to have high speed internate anything but time warner something better i like web better know then less frezzing nothing frezze only web not as much as past stay quite runs great lots faster then they might another update in may might make internate better ihad it since janury 2013 play hours on end the fat playstation 3 suck slim so and super slim rocks u wont know only by light on system what on screen so quite as a leave dropping from tree i think it quiter then that jadoggy u can look me up on playstation if want to
Message 23 of 100 (7,221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15906 posts

Feb 20, 2013

jadoggy wrote:
got to have high speed internate anything but time warner something better i like web better know then less frezzing nothing frezze only web not as much as past stay quite runs great lots faster then they might another update in may might make internate better ihad it since janury 2013 play hours on end the fat playstation 3 suck slim so and super slim rocks u wont know only by light on system what on screen so quite as a leave dropping from tree i think it quiter then that jadoggy u can look me up on playstation if want to

Do you even speak english?

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 24 of 100 (7,220 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I've had mine since December, and I haven't had any problems.

Message 25 of 100 (7,215 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Feb 20, 2013

xSonic521x wrote:

For anyone's PS3 Super Slim is freezing, it's more than likely due to the CPU/GPU overheating. More than likely the GPU though. If you have the know how on how to replace thermal paste, take apart the system and look at the thermal paste job Sony did. I guarantee it will suprise you.

i couldn't agree more,my buddy had bought one and from day one he was having heating issues then it shutting down so i did a experiment with it and tore it down and actually added 1/32 copper shims so the GPU ram would actually get some cooling like the other models as the super slim gets none whatsoever and actually used thermal adhesive for the 4 ram chips for better contact from the shim flexing and added one to the cpu as well to keep everything even and level and they still use that same crap thermal paste so Sony didn't learn anything there sadly enough...but after i did this the unit runs way way cooler than stock and would put it up against any new stock unit,he couldn't be happier and has no issues since and if it happens to have any i was able to stick a brand new warranty sticker back in place..lol

i know when i get a ps4 i will be tearing it down for a thermal paste job...

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 26 of 100 (7,213 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 20, 2013
I haven't had any problems thank god. My 320GB crapped out on me after three months of use.
Message 27 of 100 (7,204 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I haven't had a single problem with my Playstation 3 extra slim ever since I bought in back in November of 2012. I've had the 1st generation Playstation 3 and I really prefer this extra slim PS3 version just cause it's much MUCH quieter. My only single problem is how scratched up it can get cause of the dust. If you see if any dust particles on your Playstation 3, I'd suggest to wipe off with a clean microfiber rag ASAP

Message 28 of 100 (7,185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I rememeber one time I got files that were corupted and one time I quit a game, my ps3 froze with a black screen and couldn't turn it off but no problems

Message 29 of 100 (7,176 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 20, 2013

I brought the Assassin's Creed III bundle with the 500 gb black super slim as soon as I got it and plugged it in it turned itself off.  I am waiting for Sony to send a box to ship it in for repairs.:mansad:

Message 30 of 100 (7,169 Views)
0 Likes