Splicer
48 posts

Re: Any problems with PS3 Super Slim?

Dec 14, 2012

Mine when i put a DVD movie into it the menu slowed to a crawl..then it froze went to remove DVD would NOT stop spinning hard to Hard shut down....Has not repeated yet.

Message 11 of 100 (40,969 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 14, 2012

I've owned mine, that I purchased in a holiday bundle, for a month now, played it nearly everyday after i get out of work, or longer on my days off. My xbox is giving me dirty looks of jealousy.

But I havent experienced a single issue so far. I do mean that, not once. 

Only complaint I have is the drive door seems kinda flimsy, or cheap, but doesnt effect anything. Also maybe the fact that it is a little loud when loading something for like a split second.

It really does work great for me. So hopefully you will have as good of an experience with it as I have had with it so far.

No lagging, no freezes, no issues with playback or gameplay. Its been a good investment I think.

Message 12 of 100 (40,960 Views)
First Son
8 posts

Dec 14, 2012
mine is working like a champ since last weekend, since then its been turned on downloading gigs of gigs and some game play (uncharted 3, gta:sa, Mass Effect)
Compared to my fat model (40GB) this one reads disc faster and runs cooler, overall just much better performance
ps: i have it with a 500GB @7.2K rpm HDD that i had it on my fat ps3 as well
Message 13 of 100 (40,934 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Had mine since end of October and it has been flawless. I have done some long gaming and also downloads with zero problems. Is a little louder than my other 2 consoles but seems to run the coolest. Good luck and welcome 

PS4 launch 500gb
60gb b/c upgraded to 500gb
Pulse Elite headset
500gb AC3 super slim
Vita wifi and PS plus member
PS+ member
Message 14 of 100 (40,905 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Dec 29, 2012

For anyone's PS3 Super Slim is freezing, it's more than likely due to the CPU/GPU overheating. More than likely the GPU though. If you have the know how on how to replace thermal paste, take apart the system and look at the thermal paste job Sony did. I guarantee it will suprise you.

Message 15 of 100 (40,646 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I have had mine for two weeks now and I have had the freezing problem when cutting too scenes and I have had to reset the system a couple of times... But nothing else apart from that.
Message 16 of 100 (40,391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I got the super slim 250GB bundle that came with all the God of War games and Medal of Honor: Warfighter...My super slim is working fine like people said it has some lag once in awhile...

Message 17 of 100 (40,368 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

the ps3 super slim has a SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW , it runs extremely hot and the fan bacically always  runs on a low speed just like when xbox 360 first came out . but they fixed that ,i know because i had a refurbished 360 and it ran cool in comparison to super slim      to make matters worse no add on cooling fan is made for super slim !!!  at  least  microsoft always allowed  other companies to make 

add on cooling fans  . not  that  it would solve the problem with super slim but  i think it would help. 

i have owned almost ever game console ever made starting with the atari , i have never been more disapointed with a console.

the super slim will make sony alot a money in service dept . most super slims will start to have problems about the time the ps4 is released , in a  year  or so.

Message 18 of 100 (40,184 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jan 23, 2013

SECRETxASSASINx wrote:

the ps3 super slim has a SERIOUS DESIGN FLAW , it runs extremely hot and the fan bacically always  runs on a low speed just like when xbox 360 first came out . but they fixed that ,i know because i had a refurbished 360 and it ran cool in comparison to super slim      to make matters worse no add on cooling fan is made for super slim !!!  at  least  microsoft always allowed  other companies to make 

add on cooling fans  . not  that  it would solve the problem with super slim but  i think it would help. 

Do you have proof? Because my Super Slim runs 40*F Cooler than my CECHE01 (80Gb Motorstorm bundle) PS3.... using an infrared temperature gun.
And no, the issue with the Xbox weren't because of the fan speed being low... it was an actual design flaw, the fans had nothing to do with it, how do you think there were so many of those X-Mod thing, that allowed for better cooling, fixed it? 
Add-on cooling fans were NEVER allowed by either Sony or Microsoft. If you bothered to read the EULA, Warranty and other legal documentation, both M$ and Sony state that it external add-on cooling devices will void that warranty as they actually inhibit the actual intake/exhaust of the consoles own cooling system and also the ones that use the consoles power supply and USB ports for power caused more problems than it solved.... The only reason why they are more common on the Xbox is because of the misconception that all Xbox's overheat. Which is simply not true.

i have owned almost ever game console ever made starting with the atari , i have never been more disapointed with a console.

Sounds like personal problem.

the super slim will make sony alot a money in service dept . most super slims will start to have problems about the time the ps4 is released , in a  year  or two.

Thats a matter of opinion.

Do you even have any proof of these wild claims? I mean.... you did just register on the forum and this is your only post.... Please, provide proof if you're going to make these claims. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 19 of 100 (40,169 Views)
First Son
13 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 23, 2013

origami killer wrote:

Do you have proof? Because my Super Slim runs 40*F Cooler than my CECHE01 (80Gb Motorstorm bundle) PS3.... using an infrared temperature gun.
And no, the issue with the Xbox weren't because of the fan speed being low... it was an actual design flaw, the fans had nothing to do with it, how do you think there were so many of those X-Mod thing, that allowed for better cooling, fixed it? 
Add-on cooling fans were NEVER allowed by either Sony or Microsoft. If you bothered to read the EULA, Warranty and other legal documentation, both M$ and Sony state that it external add-on cooling devices will void that warranty as they actually inhibit the actual intake/exhaust of the consoles own cooling system and also the ones that use the consoles power supply and USB ports for power caused more problems than it solved.... The only reason why they are more common on the Xbox is because of the misconception that all Xbox's overheat. Which is simply not true.

#1 YES I DO HAVE PROOF,THANKS U 4 ASKING . I ALSO HAVE A INFARED TEMP. GAUGE AND THE SUPER SLIM HEATS UP TO 120 VERY QUICKLY THAT MEANS BASED ON YOUR HILLARIOUS RESPONSE THE OLDER PS3'S RUN AT 160 AND I KNOW THAT IS NOT TRUE !GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT SONY EMPLOYEE GUY.

#2 AND YES THE PROBLEM W/ EARLY 360'S WAS LOW FAN SPEED !

#3 NEXT IS YOUR QUESTION DID I BOTHER TO READ WHAT?EULA?WARRANTY?!!LEGAL DOCUMENTATION!!   GET A CLUE!!

#4THANKS 4 SAYING THAT MILLIONS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT ADD ON COOLING FANS THINKING THAT THEY ACTUALLY WORKED ,WHICH THEY DO!!! U R A VERY FUNNY PERSON!! HA HA

#5 WHY IS THE FACT THAT I AM VERY DISAPOINTED THAT THE  SUPER SLIM  OVERHEATS  A PERSONAL PROBLEM ??WHAT IS WRONG WITH U!!

FINALLY: YES I DO HAVE PROOF 2 MY "WILD CLAIMS" ASIDE FROM COMMON SENSE. AND WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF THAT WAS MY FIRST POST -MISTER SONY EMPLOYEE GUY!! U R RIGHT ABOUT ONE THING MINDS R LIKE A PARACHUTE THEY DO WORK

BEST WHEN OPEN !!AND  I WOULD ADVISE U AS WELL TO 2 LEARN HOW TO SEARCH BEFORE POSTING.MISTER SEVEN THOUSAND POSTS !!WHAT IS THAT SONY EMPLOYEE!!!

Message 20 of 100 (40,137 Views)