Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 28 2013
By: alesshido First Son 9 posts
Accepted Solution

Any plans to maintain PS+ subscription?

4 replies 198 views Edited Jan 28, 2013

Hello fellas!

So, like many of peeps around here, I'm very satisfied with the content that PS+ had provided so far. Especially with the Vita games that gave my dusted console a new life!

But in another hand I'm getting saddened each next month that a new PS+ freebie is offered. Not because the games are bad, but it looks like that the guys at Sony didn't plan what to do with people that had alredy bought the games offered, which makes my month feel "empty" compared to the people that didn't had these games before. Like what happened with MM9 and 10, for example.

And now, I read about the new PS+ promotional sign up of people that gets PS+ for 1 year, have 3 months for free (or something like that... sorry if I made some mistake here). And it got me thinking "okay, but what about the people that already subscribed?"

I think that making offer to people that don't have it yet and not compensating for the games that we already bought and offering "not-so-good" games will make me give up renewing my subscription.

I don't know if I'm the only one that feel this way, so, I want to hear what the community thinks about what Sony should do to maintain people subscribed to PS+ :smileyhappy:

Message 1 of 5 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11176 posts

Re: Any plans to maintain PS+ subscription?

Jan 28, 2013

The problem is that people buy games regardless of PlayStation Plus. What PlayStation Plus is trying to do is offer downloadables that will try to save you money on (mostly) older games, but therein lies the defeat of these games being something that many have already played. Instead of like was done in the past where we've had day-one freebies, now it's freebies that take us back two, maybe four years ago.

Have you played Mega Man 9 and 10 already? What about Darksiders, Borderlands, The Walking Dead, and so on and so forth? With some games, The Walking Dead's episodes 1 and 2 being one, that update was closer to its release. The rest of the community who already bought their season passes to the game at the time and had Plus had to complain because Plus didn't talk with them beforehand. If you're going to buy a game ahead of time, does PlayStation Plus need to ask which games are already in your arsenal? It's not about that.

What Plus will do is unfold its array of goodies, asking everyone what they think about the update. We don't have to like everything; we can say when we already have what is being offered, and we can also tell 'em when what they're doing is a celebration to toast to. If you continue to buy games alongside Plus, however, just know that PlayStation Plus may eventually play catch-up somewhere down the line.

Message 2 of 5 (194 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Jan 28, 2013
I don't know If I will. It all depends on if Sony can at least try to be as good as EU, they have gotten 10 full ps3 games that we have not and that's just to many. Next month EU is getting sleeping and chances are we will get all psn games next month, or we might be lucky and get one of the ten games that EU already has.
Message 3 of 5 (190 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Yeah dude, you've got a point and convinced me of the good side! :smileyhappy:

It is almost impossible to "please Greeks and Trojans" and you're right, they're not offering only good old games but also giving us discounts in a lot of things too. I think it can't be helped but sometimes get annoyed with offers that you already own ...

It would be great if Sony had a good compensation plan for this specific event, but it's like you said, they can't predict which games you intend to own when they are planning their goodies. Also to manage a way to compensate that would be very complicated and would generate more complains than bring solutions, I think. But, who knows right what might come next!

Message 4 of 5 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Unfortunately Sony is in a lose-lose situation when it comes to PS+ owners already owning the "free" games. If they offered an alternative, as some have suggested, then others would complain that they didn't get the choice and that they were "stuck with a lesser game", if they so felt that way. And then what if you still owned the alternative...double slap in the face. If they offered everyone a choice of say choosing two games out of five per month, you'd still have people complaining that they couldn't get them all, plus there's still no guarantee you wouldn't already own 4-5 of the choices.

I just don't see any reason for Sony to change what they do in regards to PS+ IGCs. They already try to offer games from a variety of different genres and you can find some solace in the fact that there are so many freebies added in the course of a year (PS3 got four in January alone), that they're bound to offer at least a few games you don't already own.

I'd say, if you know for certain you'd play the game soon after you buy it, go ahead and don't worry about whether it'd be offered on PS+ down the road. If, however, you're merely buying it because it's a great discounted price, but have no intention on playing it over the next month or so, you may want to consider forgoing the purchase.

Message 5 of 5 (143 Views)
0 Likes