Highlighted
Dec 23 2011
By: WATERSTAND First Son 2 posts

Any other early adapters here?

8 replies 15 views Edited Dec 23, 2011

Looking for other English speaking folks who imported a Vita from Japan. Just trying to mingle and get some advice as well.

I'm very interested in getting Katamari as my third Vita game, a bit worried though if the game is a DLC fest like Ridge Racer on the Vita where you only get a shell of a game for the entry price.

Message 1 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1242 posts

Re: Any other early adapters here?

Dec 23, 2011

Nope, but I do have it preordered. I have the Wifi/3G version nearly paid in full with Uncharted GA. I plan on getting the screen protectors, case the doubles as a stand and the 32GB memory stick.

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 2 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I do not have an imported Vita, though I'll be purchasing one at the American launch in late February.

Message 3 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Dec 24, 2011

I'm going to get the Wi-Fi only version (screw AT&T's 3G rates) when it comes out February 22nd, along with...probably a card case and a case for the Vita.  For games, probably Uncharted: Golden Abyss, WipeOut 2048, F1 2011, Rayman Origins, and then I'm definitely reserving Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus.  Oh and let's not forget the 32 GB memory card.

Message 4 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Dec 24, 2011

WATERSTAND wrote:

Looking for other English speaking folks who imported a Vita from Japan. Just trying to mingle and get some advice as well.

I'm very interested in getting Katamari as my third Vita game, a bit worried though if the game is a DLC fest like Ridge Racer on the Vita where you only get a shell of a game for the entry price.

Yea I'll get Ridge Racer if for the complete price for a Vita game ($40) it comes with a voucher for some Ridge Racer DLC.  Otherwise I would only get it if it wasn't the full $40, like if it was $30.  Even that might be stretching it.  I don't get why Namco can't just put more content into the game.  It's like in games these days where theres like $20 in DLC already announced like 3 weeks before the game is released.

Message 5 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 25, 2011

Yes, I have a PS Vita (Wi-fi) bundle from Hong Kong ... US$389

Anyone wishes to get more info please PM

Playing Unchartered and Dynasty Warriors now 

Message 6 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Dec 25, 2011

How is Dynasty Warriors, by the way? I love DW games and would love to know how the Vita game is.

Message 7 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 25, 2011

DW Next looks fantastic, one of the better looking games on it for sure.

Message 8 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 30, 2011

Well, I had to get a new account based in Japan so I can download Katamari and Uncharted. My main Vita PSN is LUCIFERSGLEAM and I am addicted to it. I've had it for a little over a week now but I have been able to get 5 games so far.

Dynasty Warriors NEXT is great, the gimmicks added are quite nice and work well with the Vita's capabilities. Super quick load times, battle system based on DW7 Xtreme Legends, and hundreds of enemies to kill each stage. One of the finest launch games for sure.

Katamari is a full game, thankfully. It has mostly new stages and locations so that is a very good thing if I may say.

The Vita simply is full of great launch games, I highly recommend importing if you have the means.

Message 9 of 9 (15 Views)
0 Likes