Highlighted
Apr 30 2013
By: Sonicfan11589 Sackboy 633 posts

Any NEW PS Vita bundles releasing in the near future?

5 replies 531 views Edited Apr 30, 2013

Sorry if this seems like a bit of a dumb question, anyone have any idea when a new PS Vita bundle releases by hopefully end of June? I know E3 is in June, hopefully they announce something in time. This is my reason, my older brother comes home in late June, and my father and I want to surprise him with a Vita as a belated birthday gift. Would love to get him one that comes with a memory card and a game. I don't know if the Call of Duty bundle will be restocked? Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1189 posts

Re: Any NEW PS Vita bundles releasing in the near future?

May 1, 2013
Definitely don't buy s Vita before E3. A new model and possibly a price drop is imminent during E3. Most stores are currently out of Vitas and supplies are very low online because Sony is clearing out the old inventory before shipping out the new one.
Message 2 of 6 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
633 posts

May 1, 2013
I just looked up when E3 is, it is during or around June 11-13, so I should be good when it comes to PS Vita news
Message 3 of 6 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

[ Edited ]
May 1, 2013

aquastorm wrote:
Definitely don't buy s Vita before E3. A new model and possibly a price drop is imminent during E3. Most stores are currently out of Vitas and supplies are very low online because Sony is clearing out the old inventory before shipping out the new one.

THEY WON'T MAKE A NEW MODEL THIS YEAR.  The vita isnt selling well because of price, not design.  The vita is simply stunning and a great piece of tech. also, they can't change ram, or the OLED screen because games that are already out wont work right.  Even if they made a new model with microSD cards instead of Sony's memory cards, what would Sony do about all the people who supported the Vita from the start? Do you screw them over? Do you switch them out for free? (a brand new or used model)? Give them a discount on a new model?  they simply cant do it.  eventally they might make a digital only vita (can't use physical copies of games) but still, problem comes from memory card price. 

The memory card price is really the only problem with the Vita.  for $250 for the console, and if you could pay $20 for a 32GB memory card, thats not bad.

/end rant

Message 4 of 6 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2785 posts

May 2, 2013

I don't think anyone here would know if there will be a new bundle or not. 

Message 5 of 6 (458 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
46 posts

May 2, 2013
The only thing keeping me away is the price of the memory card. $100 for 32gb; what year is this, 1999? 32gb flash drives can go for half to a quarter of that. Must have been a proprietary decision. Hope something does happen though because I would love to get a Vita.
Message 6 of 6 (438 Views)
0 Likes