Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6827 posts

Re: Anti-Theft Locker

Apr 5, 2008

RodneyG wrote:
My windows and door are always locked, i have alarm system connected to monitoring station and also i have a security camera, even with all that guess what? They broke in and stole my 52" LCD TV. Alarm went off and police came over, but they got away, can you imagine a ps3 console? it'd be more easier, unless we have something to stalk them 'til cops come and that's type of anti-theft i'm talking about. That's something to think about, if wanna protect your console. Thanks for the reply!
Where do you live? Sorry about your lost, but lets be real.. Your health and safety is more importants..Thank God that those fools didnt attempt to do it while you where sleeping in your house or something..
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5051 posts

Apr 5, 2008

RISINGSONIC wrote:

Get property insurance 

Ya exactly or renters it's like what 14+ a month?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5051 posts

Apr 5, 2008

Jezer29 wrote:

RodneyG wrote:
My windows and door are always locked, i have alarm system connected to monitoring station and also i have a security camera, even with all that guess what? They broke in and stole my 52" LCD TV. Alarm went off and police came over, but they got away, can you imagine a ps3 console? it'd be more easier, unless we have something to stalk them 'til cops come and that's type of anti-theft i'm talking about. That's something to think about, if wanna protect your console. Thanks for the reply!
Where do you live? Sorry about your lost, but lets be real.. Your health and safety is more importants..Thank God that those fools didnt attempt to do it while you where sleeping in your house or something..

Ha this is America or least where I am, face full of lead.  Don't reach for that nonexsist object in your pocket.  Keys you say?  Bam bam...looked like a knife to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Apr 5, 2008

Galifrei wrote:
Strap C4 to the base of your ps3, run leads from the power cord to your C4 and if the plug is removed you caught your thief.
this is obviously the most humane way to protect it
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9372 posts

Apr 5, 2008
Watch "It takes a theif" on Discovery.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
523 posts

Apr 5, 2008
lol
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1393 posts

Apr 5, 2008

Galifrei wrote:
Strap C4 to the base of your ps3, run leads from the power cord to your C4 and if the plug is removed you caught your thief.
I like the way you think... I would personally put a fingerprint-reading surface covering the entirety of the PS3 and if anyone but a registered/authorized user tried to touch it, undermounted flamethrowers would light them on fire.
Message Edited by Pyro719 on 04-05-2008 01:29 PM
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3881 posts

Apr 5, 2008

dang thats stinks try and catch them u have them on camera put them on AMW ( Americas Most Wanted)

spread the wrong around the hood and get people the to watch out 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 22, 2010

I've recently had a home invasion and my son's playstation 3 and Xbox 360 was taking along with my daughters Wii. Now I took down all the serial numbers and even took pictures of the product. having all that stuff on hand didn't get my items back, I just had it for my records. I think that when you purchase gaming systems the company could offer additional protection like an anit-theft device. Watch how consumers flock to protect what they spent hard earned money for. A low jack that would GPS the system when the serial number is reported stolen and the thieves try to plug and play or even pawn, so the police or establishment can be warned that the device is red flagged as stolen. Thank god for rental and home owners insurance because I will be able to replace the system but it will not replace my sense of security (peace) in my home. Because to spend that much money on a gaming system for someone to watch me leave my home to steal it, really doesn't sit well with me. Playstation needs to come up with some kind of theft device. No matter the cost, I will be the first in line to purchase one.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24067 posts

Nov 22, 2010

Sony is not the CIA or the FBI. They're not in the business of law enforcement, home security, or criminal investigation. Let's be realistic here (a favorite term for gamers). Does anyone have any idea what a GPS unit costs? Somewhere around $80-$100. So remembering how gamers were complaining "The PS3 is too expensive! They need to lower the price", some of you want to RAISE the price again to put a remote tracker in it?

I don't want to sound unsympathetic, but this is a part of life. I've been robbed before and it does indeed suck. You call the police, file a report, submit a claim to the insurance companies, etc. Don't expect Sony, Procter Silex, or who ever to track your stuff down for you. It's not their job. And if they do find it, chances are that's not the guy who stole it. Most stolen property is sold within the first 24 hours.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 29 (37 Views)
0 Likes