Jul 14 2013
By: You_Silly_Humans Hekseville Citizen 345 posts

Another Ps4 to Xbox One comparison thread question.. Sorry!

[ Edited ]
10 replies 369 views Edited Jul 14, 2013

I know we have all had enough of these...

And I know asking at the home at one of the systems won't really help me get very fair answers... However!

I'm going to ask anyway...

I know we haven't really experienced these beasts so this question starts getting hard to answer, but I will be fortunate enough to buy both consoles.. I don't care if Microsoft spys on me and I don't care if Sony did either..

My real problem is games.. multiplatform games, it's killing me.. I see a huge amount of games that will be being released when the systems drop...

I won't even be in the country, and far away from any games.. So I won't be able to test what system is better for the multiplat games myself.

I'll of course be watching the internet for the buzz as I am doing now but was hoping for a push in one direction or the other.

I would love to be able to say " THIS is the console I know I'm going to buy every single one of my next gen multiplatform games on this system " as I will be ordering games as they come out to meet me back home to play them later on.

This whole kinect thing, I get that people don't care about it, but I love gimmicks, However gimmicks still remains last on my list.. below gameplay, graphics, games, etc..

Maybe gamescom will reveal more for us?

I feel like I'm asking questions that can't be answered but I can't help it, I hate having no direction even if it isn't the most important decision in the world.

I understand most will say PS4, if you do please feel free to explain your logic, I'd love to be persuaded one way or the other honestly, I don't know what role kinect 2 will have in multiplat games, and if the facial detection ( or similar cool features ) will be used often or not..

I can't stop thinking about kinect even though it seems like a non quintessential gamers tool.. It screams Extra Features to me.. I can't wait for games like the evil within.. If kinect were to be incorporated just from a audio / facial recognition point of view and those features weren't mandatory... I would have a hard time justifying a system without that feature.. As I'd assume more multiplatform games would follow.

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 1 of 11 (369 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Re: Another Ps4 to Xbox One comparison thread question.. Sorry!

Jul 14, 2013
Microsoft is famous for their online connection which I have been told is very great then that of a PS3's. Microsoft also have or had a few great game designing companies on their side. I'll give you my opinion and reason on why the PS4 will be a suitable choice.

The PS4 will focus entirely on games just about and also on socialization. But Sony's main goal is to focus on games and gamers. Like the Xbox one, PS4 will require an online subscription costing you roughly $5, but we get a huge amount of benefits which are:
-Online play
-Thousands of games to choose from
-huge discounts on games and items
-Many free items we can get
-A free game every month
-And probably more benefits that I do not know of
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 2 of 11 (341 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6003 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

I really don't like threads like these anymore simply because it brings a fire in me out, especially since I have links to prove which console will do better with multiplatform games this next generation. For now I suggest you to check out this website, its run by paid experts with professional equipment. I currently do for comparison sake on the current consoles. Be sure to bookmark it so that when the new consoles drop you can compare.

http://www.eurogamer.net/?topic=digital_foundry

Message 3 of 11 (323 Views)
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 14, 2013

Seriously, these threads have got to stop.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 11 (301 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Seriously, the useless posts have to stop in my thread.

I did however appreciate the link

~ What? The devil don't take checks, I tried to send a message to god his phone don't take texts.. ~
Message 5 of 11 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Jul 14, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Message 6 of 11 (289 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

johngie wrote:

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Lol, your post made me laugh so it wasn't completely useless.

Message 7 of 11 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

Ok so I understand now that, after searching the internet.. or would at least bet that, the kinect 2 will not have cool features, as those features would cost the developers too much dough, and the sheer fact that, i'm pretty sure a high powered mic could replace all the functionality of the kinect that it even does have to offer ( using certain keys as voice commands ) as facial recognition would be too clunky, and cost too much, for too little effect..

I understand people tend to think the ps4 will look graphically better then the xbox one, I want this to be true and I understand that the processor is more powerful.. i'd love for the ps4 to poop all over the xbox one.

So someone dumb this down for me, how much better will the ps4 look on multiplatform games then the xbox one, if developers choose to use the full power of both systems and don't cap anything.

Will the fact that the xbox one processor is custom and the ps4 processor isn't matter at all?

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 11 (271 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
6003 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 14, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:
Ok so I understand now that, after searching the internet.. or would at least bet that, the kinect 2 will not have cool features, as those features would cost the developers too much dough, and the sheer fact that, i'm pretty sure a high powered mic could replace all the functionality of the kinect that it even does have to offer ( using certain keys as voice commands ) as facial recognition would be too clunky, and cost too much, for too little effect..

I understand people tend to think the ps4 will look graphically better then the xbox one, I want this to be true and I understand that the processor is more powerful.. i'd love for the ps4 to poop all over the xbox one.

So someone dumb this down for me, how much better will the ps4 look on multiplatform games then the xbox one, if developers choose to use the full power of both systems and don't cap anything.

Will the fact that the xbox one processor is custom and the ps4 processor isn't matter at all?

Thanks in advance.

You know...

I gave links one time and was called a Sony Fanboy (despite only owning a 360 for years and only E3 this year turned me to Sony). So let's try this again this time with accurate links to Devs and Creators of the consoles talking about it first hand. 

Microsoft plans to strip 3gb to the OS, 1gb per layer (3 OS are layered on top of each other). Leaving only 5gb to games.

"Microsoft’s Chief Product Officer, Mark Whitten, seemingly has confirmed that of the Xbox One’s 8GB memory only 5GB can be used for games, whilst the other 3GB is used for the system OS."

http://www.handytips.info/1141/microsoft-xbox-one-has-5gb-ram-usable-for-games-3gb-for-os/

Guerrilla Games confirms that the PS4 will be using only 1gb of RAM for the OS. Originally Sony was going to have the PS4 console only have 4GB of RAM, 512mb were going to be tossed to the OS. Devs spoke up, so they up their RAM to 8GB, thus 1gb would be tossed to the OS.

"What we do know is that 512MB was the target during the time that PS4 was slated to ship with just 4GB of system RAM, with current murmurings suggesting that has doubled to 1GB."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sony-details-final-ps4-spec

What does this mean? Simple. One console is future proof for games but may be limited on future features (PS4). While one console will have plenty of RAM for future OS features, it will eventually hit a brick wall with games and some concessions will have to be made (Xbox One). 

Here's proof. Microsoft has to update their possibilities with esram in order to get near PS4's raw GDDR5 ram but even that's not enough.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-xbox-one-memory-better-in-production-hardware

Resolution would eventually take a hit it says. Some don't believe games will ever even hit the ram limits but due to how new the consoles are, some devs are using as much as possible with no optimizations just because it's now available to them without concessions. Guerrilla Games is using 4gb for Killzone Shadow Fall, Respawn's Titan Fall is using all of the 5gb of ram and esram on Xbox one - resulting in a resolution drop.

"The jaggies are a curious point in particular; even judged by the high quality feed we have availability direct from the Microsoft E3 conference there's more sub-pixel shimmering and rough edges than any other game on show, which suggests this may not be a full-blown 1080p title in its current state. From what Respawn has announced so far, the 60fps bullet-point is proudly announced, but it remains tight-lipped on what native resolution is intended for the final game."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-titanfall-tech-analysis

Because of this approach, Shuhei Yoshida mentions they really don't want what happened this gen, causing multiplatform developers to have problems like the Skyrim debacle. Multiplatform games will be much better this time around compared to the competition.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/something-about-japan-shuhei-yoshida-on-the-war-for-the-living-r...

Xbox One btw has no backwards compatibility via hardware (Xbox 360 chip set), software (emulation), nor streamable (cloud services).

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4350662/new-xbox-has-no-backwards-compatibilty

PS4 will have streamable backwards compatibility via Gaikai. Newest news about it is they'll grab the best ones first (The Last of Us and Journey confirmed working on Gaikai fine already) and then go after the others for PS3 titles (PS2 and PS1 games later).

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/07/12/gaikai-on-ps4-will-support-the-best-ps3-games/

Would you like me to post more for you...

Message 9 of 11 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jul 14, 2013

You_Silly_Humans wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

What are you going to do?

Tell on me?

Furiously Chaosing
Message 10 of 11 (193 Views)
0 Likes