Jul 20 2005
By: V2daJ Treasure Hunter 8501 posts

Another HDD Thread...

5 replies 5 views Edited Jul 20, 2005
*Taken from GS Forums*
Its interesting.

Assuming Sony sticks with launching in Japan first, the 'rumors' or the lack of HDD shipping WITH the PS3 make sense. Sony can release the PS3 in Japan with the HDD sold seperately and still dominate the market. Then when they launch in North America, given enough time between the two launches, Sony may ship the PS3 with HDD (Not a bundled package) and be on a level playing field with the 360 in terms of HDD.

Sony can't expect the loyalty then Ken speaks of with people 'working extra hours' to pay for a PS3 in North America. The consumer mentality here is too price based. Meaning, the consumer will buy what is cheaper as long as it is the same or better and since Microsoft will obviously pour out a huge Marketing campaign in the market which they have the best chance to beat Sony, consumers can EASILY believe that 360 is better because it's cheaper and was released first.

Thoughts?

downlink ii
Message 1 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Re: Another HDD Thread...

Jul 20, 2005
that could be true.,

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thanks to randomperson8273, he got me through my 666 post on 03-25-2006 10:32 PM!
Message 2 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1568 posts

Jul 20, 2005

,zman977 wrote:
that could be true. ,

yea dude, it could
Message 3 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2322 posts

Jul 20, 2005

downlink II wrote:
*Taken from GS Forums*
Its interesting.

Assuming,Sony sticks with launching in Japan first, the 'rumors' or the lack of,HDD shipping WITH the PS3 make sense. Sony can release the PS3 in Japan,with the HDD sold seperately and still dominate the market. Then when,they launch in North America, given enough time between the two,launches, Sony may ship the PS3 with HDD (Not a bundled package) and be,on a level playing field with the 360 in terms of HDD.

Sony,can't expect the loyalty then Ken speaks of with people 'working extra,hours' to pay for a PS3 in North America. The consumer mentality here,is too price based. Meaning, the consumer will buy what is cheaper as,long as it is the same or better and since Microsoft will obviously,pour out a huge Marketing campaign in the market which they have the,best chance to beat Sony, consumers can EASILY believe that 360 is,better because it's cheaper and was released first.

Thoughts?

very,possiblie however i think the problem with that is consumer should be,more concerned with developer support, if they bundle it from the jump,then that means that developers can be assured that everyone with a ps3,has a HDD and they can start to program games to take full advantage of,that. Other wise its a huge waste to even have one.
Message 4 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
816 posts

Jul 20, 2005
i hope the ps3 hdd doesnt turn out like the ps2 hdd

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thanks to randomperson8273, he got me through my 666 post on 03-25-2006 10:32 PM!
Message 5 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
449 posts

Jul 20, 2005
. . .,

Message 6 of 6 (5 Views)
0 Likes