Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7966 posts

Re: I agree

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

I counted all of the model numbers CECHAxx - CECH-30xxB plus the two new slim modles. I went back and fixed it JUST for you!

I'm not splitting hairs over how many models exisit. Most of which I have at apart at one time or another. They changed the shape of the motherboard in the FAT PS3's at least 4 or 5 times. To move the chip sets away from the power supply and tried to get the fan to circulate the air better. The difference between a CECHA01 and a CECH-2001A is noctible even to first timers. All I was trying to say is as the tech advances so did the design. When the other system with a much larger percentage of failures changed the design 1 time. Both still have issues.

Thanks for fact checking and different model numbers = different models wheather it's the size of the HD or the shape of the MB.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd73/rseverclear/Lightemuprsteele2.png

Message 11 of 23 (172 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

Oct 6, 2012

No problem bud..... I sometimes have my OCD kick in and get compelled to correct the "little" things.

But you are right

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 12 of 23 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 6, 2012

Yeah I have the 40gb model that got YLOD a couple of months ago, even though I gave it plenty of room and kept my room cool while running it. I use to think it was because I took care of it, then after reading how the fat models kept failing I started thinking maybe I'm just lucky. Then wouldn't you know, it happened to me. But because I love my PS3 so much, I decided to have it reballed instead of replacing it.

The fat models are a ticking time bomb these days. If it hasn't failed you yet, it's only a matter of time. No matter how you take care of it.

Message 13 of 23 (163 Views)
PlayStation MVP
8173 posts

Re: Another Customer Lost

Oct 7, 2012

I'm definitely not saying that three broken systems can't happen to the same person. It's just that between that all the folks I know whom own PS3s there are only a handful that have ever had 1 broken system. None with 2 or more. Between friends, coworkers, family that's around 50 folks with PS3s. I own two. 

Could be something more to this than just bad luck. Such as poor location of the PS3 in a small, unventilated area.

Message 14 of 23 (146 Views)
MVP Support
18716 posts

Oct 7, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Maybe its the way you care (or dont care) for your things.....

I have a launch day 60Gb and an 80Gb working perfectly fine with never an issue..... both have been upgraded to 500Gb drives and they're still going strong.... never a dead BD drive, no YLOD, no internet connectivity issues...... NOTHING.

I just want to say "Outstanding"

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 15 of 23 (145 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15579 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 7, 2012

Xuchilbara wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Maybe its the way you care (or dont care) for your things.....

I have a launch day 60Gb and an 80Gb working perfectly fine with never an issue..... both have been upgraded to 500Gb drives and they're still going strong.... never a dead BD drive, no YLOD, no internet connectivity issues...... NOTHING.

I just want to say "Outstanding"

Thanks..... once i got the 80Gb its been relegated to BD movies, netflix, and streaming from my media server so that may attribute to that as it does not get much use..... the 80Gb however.... i use ALL THE TIME for games and movies and such since I spend most of my time in my room when im home..... and its just a CHAMP.

I did open both up after the 1 year warranty expired and replaced the thermal paste with AS5 so that would have something to do with it.... i used the large pea size method

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 16 of 23 (137 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24905 posts

Oct 7, 2012

Does anyone who creates an account for the express purpose of saying "I'm not buying any more of your products", honestly think that we're going to read that and say "WOW!! He's right! Thank you anonymous stranger for showing us the error of our ways!" ? 

Message 17 of 23 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
275 posts

Oct 7, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Does anyone who creates an account for the express purpose of saying "I'm not buying any more of your products", honestly think that we're going to read that and say "WOW!! He's right! Thank you anonymous stranger for showing us the error of our ways!" ? 

Some of them seem to think we all work for Sony and threatning to go to the OtherBox (as someone else called it) will make us go "waaaaaaahhh plzzz nooooo"

hahahaha

Message 18 of 23 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
180 posts

Oct 7, 2012

I guess Xbox fans are still POed about Mass Effect 1, the only reason most people were still buying 360's, coming to and being upgraded on PS3, huh?

Cause OP, there's no way in hell you went though 3 PS3's unless you're a flaming imbecile who doesn't know how to maintain electronics. Mainly because PS3s are built to last. 

Xbox on the other hand...well lets just say I know people who've been through 5 of those and it had a failure rate in the 40% range, so you might want to find a new angle. 

And do you know why PS3 owners don't troll Xbox? It's because we don't have the buyers remorse 360 fans are increasing showing.  

Enjoy the two exclusives the LastGenBox has left. Meanwhile, PS3 will continue to churn out exclusive after exclusive. And enjoy RE6 and AClll, two major holiday titles, needing multiple discs to fit on BreakBox as well. 

Admit it, your console is all but obsolete.

Message 19 of 23 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
707 posts

Oct 7, 2012

I gotten blu-ray disc death plus yellow on the same ps3. but my 60gb ps3 is still working fine and my 2 slim ps3 also. i pay sony once to fix my ps3 which end up selling. im very happy unlike my xbox 360 which die a million times still own the first n last models. ps3 is still the best.

TAKE BETTER CARE PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING is mad easy to fix at home do a YouTube look there a lot of great guides and they all the same and easy. And you can fix the ps3 n xbox 360 since they both have the same problem with the same fix.

Message 20 of 23 (101 Views)
0 Likes