Jan 16 2014
By: Phillyblunz Umbrella Scientist 12347 posts

Another $10 upgrade question

[ Edited ]
7 replies 217 views Edited Apr 9, 2014

So I know the CODES which allow the $10 upgrade from a PS3 game to a PS4 game do in fact expire in March of 2014.

But I have entered those codes already, and on the media tab in account management there is no listed expiration date.

My question is this:

1 - (Besides CODG) Can I pay the $10 any time now?    Or do I have to pay that $10 before march what-ever as well?

2 - Is AC4 upgrade an optional free or $10 deal?

The on screen info when you redeem the codes only speak of the code expiring, so I expect I could wait an entire year and then still buy the games for $10.

But if anyone knows for sure, or has heard some rumors lets have it.

So it looks like CODG requires you to pay the $10 by that deadline, but for AC4 it just says the code must be redeemed by then?

Also why does the AC4 say $10 or free?  If I can choose I pick free.

I havent opened BF4 yet so I dont know what its code says.

Thanx all.

2014-01-16-16-26-17.png

2014-01-16-16-25-26.png

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 1 of 8 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Re: Another $10 upgrade question

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2014

I just upgraded my PS3 version of Battlefeild 4 to PS4 for $10. I also did not see a expiration date on the PS Store when I redeem my code. I redeemed it through the PS Store on my PS3, since I don't have my PS4 yet I had to login online my phone to finish the purchase of $10. I think the redeem code has an expiration date, but once it has been redeemed then their is no expiration to when you can buy the upgrade for $10. I could be wrong, but as you did, I also noticed there was no expiration date when I redeem my BF4 code to pay the $10.Hopefully someone with some more info on the matter can join in and give a heads up.

PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 2 of 8 (212 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 17, 2014

deaofly wrote:

I just upgraded my PS3 version of Battlefeild 4 to PS4 for $10. I also did not see a expiration date on the PS Store when I redeem my code. I redeemed it through the PS Store on my PS3, since I don't have my PS4 yet I had to login online my phone to finish the purchase of $10. I think the redeem code has an expiration date, but once it has been redeemed then their is no expiration to when you can buy the upgrade for $10. I could be wrong, but as you did, I also noticed there was no expiration date when I redeem my BF4 code to pay the $10.Hopefully someone with some more info on the matter can join in and give a heads up.

Ok cool.

What about the "$10 or Free"

Did the BF4 code say that too?

I am going to try and select free if given a chance, lol.

Maybe they couldnt make up their minds?

Maybe its free for plus members?

Maybe they wanted to tie it in with the Uplay stuff before that was all scrapped?

Its really weird for sure.

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 3 of 8 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jan 17, 2014
Well after I redeem the BF4 code it never told me to pay $10, it wasn't until I went to Battlefeild 4 the Game PS3-PS4 Upgrade sectionand it said $50. So I went on the PS Store online and it was there to pay the $10.
Message 4 of 8 (187 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Yeah I just checked via pc like you say and the AC4 upgrade still costs $10!

Why would the voucher say $10 or Free?  LOL.

This requires more investigation.

Do you think they meant to include it in the Uplay setup?  (Before Uplay was scrapped of course)

Maybe they werent sure?

Any real reason to state that on the voucher?

Thanx for your input, you have been very helpful.

Have a kudo. Heck have two.

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 5 of 8 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
337 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2014

you have to buy the upgrade before the end of (jan for ac4 and/or march for bf4) or they expire, i don't really think you can get it for free, the hole deal is to make you pay 10 bucks more for a game you already payed full price, so it being free doesn't make any sense.

Message 6 of 8 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jan 17, 2014
Haha cool thanks for the Kudo's Smiley Happy Glad I could help.
Message 7 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Jan 17, 2014

Junguler wrote:

you have to buy the upgrade before the end of (jan for ac4 and/or march for bf4) or they expire, i don't really think you can get it for free, the hole deal is to make you pay 10 bucks more for a game you already payed full price, so it being free doesn't make any sense.

did you see the picture where it says that though?

I wonder why it says that?

Of course it doesnt make sense, but there it is.

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 8 of 8 (158 Views)
0 Likes